Chapter 24.

They say your past always comes to haunt you, especially when you're happy.

I don't know if I liked that saying.

Moving in with Enzo, had been so spontaneous and without much thought. He didn't ask, he said. And I agreed. Why wouldn't I? I was the one who demanded he made me part of his life, his whole life. And now regret had begun to settle in the pits of my stomach. It seemed the closer I got to being happy, toxic or not, the more the universe seemed to want to challenge me. Amy should have been dead. She died. I was so, so damn sure. I cried for her. To the point where I had almost followed after her. The guilt of killing my own flesh and blood had consumed me. And had Austin not been by my side, I probably would have died then too.

Life, though chaotic and dangerous, had been mine. After leaving, I had finally gotten control of my self. I had built a good life for myself. I had stayed far away from anyone, or anything that could have pulled me back. And yet, here I was sitting in the house of a mafia man.

God, I wonder if Enzo would look at me the same again. He was by far no angel, but the way he always looked at me was angelic. He looked at me with such kindness, adoration and lust. So much lust. Part of me wished he'd look at me with love, but love wasn't something I deserved. And I was okay with that. As long as he cared about me.

Still, I wonder would he see the same girl he had been chasing in his club, or just he fucking employee?

"What are you thinking about?" His voice was deep and husky. I could smell the fresh mint of his toothpaste, as his arms wrapped around my frame in his kitchen. "Nothing." I whispered, hoping he'd thought my smile was real.

He didn't.

"You know," he whispered, his soft lips connecting with the side of my jaw, as his arms tightened around my waist. "I could sell this place, if it doesn't make you happy."

My eyes found the kitchen ceiling, running across the perfectly dark grey walls, down to the white marble that seemed to cover most of the kitchens surface. My eyes found his veiny arm that leaned on top of the wooden counter that sat in the middle of the kitchen, a contrast that seemed to break the colors surrounding us. His kitchen was beautiful and his house too. And part of me knew he wasn't talking about this house. He was offering to get rid of whatever bothered me.

"Its okay." I whispered, as he sighed, turning me in the chair so that I faced him. Enzo placed his arms on the counter, caging me in, as he leaned closer. Our lips inches apart. His eyes locked on mine. My heart began to race the longer we stared at one another, as a small grin pulled on the corner of his lips. "Let me make you happy." He whispered so softly, I barely heard him.

Please...

My eyes flickered across his face, as a sigh left my lips, my heart felt heavy. "I'm scared." I whispered honestly. Enzo placed his head against mine, his hands lifting to cup my face. I could see how his pupils dilated, no doubt mine looked the same. "Let me listen. Let me in." My breath hitched in my throat, as I hesitated. I never told Enzo anything. Whatever he knew about me he found out by himself. "My sister's alive."

I could see the confusion in his eyes. "You have a sister?" He asked. "Had." I corrected, suddenly needing to be held. My body moved forward, as I wrapped my arms around his muscular torso, placing my head on his chest. I could hear his racing heart, as his wrapped his arms around me. Just simply being held seemed to calm me, as my body felt light again. "She should have been dead," I began. I felt Enzo pause, before his hand rubbed my back. "I killed her," I paused, waiting for him to push me or do something. I don't know what I was expecting, he's a killer too. Instead he merely hummed, pulling me closer. "Enzo," I said, hoping he could hear the seriousness in my voice. "I took a butcher knife and stabbed her. Pushed it through her heart. Or what I thought was her heart. Don't you feel disgusted with me?"

Enzo pulled away as he glanced down at me. The emotion in his eyes didn't change. He still looked like he cared. "I'm not going to push you away Luna. I tried that once before remember." I shook my head, as I felt my tears fall. "My own flesh and blood, Enzo. You kill horrid people. I tried to kill my sister. My sister!"

He stayed calm, a small smile forming on his face. "You're it for me." His lips touched my forehead once more, before he pecked my lips. "I've killed. Tortured. Done horrid. Luna there's nothing you can tell me that would make me run. I'm apart of the fucking mafia. I rule like a king. And even now, you're still the sweet angel that has come into my life." His thumb ran over my lips, pulling the bottom lip down, as his eyes flickered to the movement. "Show me your darkness, my love. You want me to show you all of me. So show me all of you."

"I'm scared." I whispered again.

Enzo smiled reassuringly. "Don't be. You're already with a monster. I'll scare away the demons."

"Okay." I smiled. "Okay?" He asked.

Taking a deep breath in, I let my shoulders relax, as I leaned back against Enzo's chest. "She's a cop. She might hurt you to get to me."

"She can try." He chuckled, lifting my face with his index finger under my chin. "She can come with everything she has, but she'll never hurt you, she'll never win. I won't let her." His lips met mine and the kiss tasted differently to the others we've shared. This one felt closer, hotter. More intimate. And I melted into him.

"Enzo," I blushed as we pulled away from the kiss. "I...um, I," my cheeks darkened, before I sighed smiling. "I like your home."

Enzo chuckled. I knew he knew that was not what I was going to say. "Our home, love. Mine and yours. I was serious when I said, if you don't like this place I'll sell it." I shook my head "No, don't. I like it."

"I'm glad. I like it too." My blushed ran down my neck, as his hand wrapped around my throat. Not to tight, just enough to show dominance. "I think I'm going to enjoy life now." He whispered kissing my lips once more, I merely hummed in agreement.

I want to try...