Chapter 15.

My body felt weak.

My head hurt. And the soles of my feet had a burning sensation to them. I can't believe I stayed out all night. My eyes fell to the keys in my hand, as I noticed a tattoo on my wrist. It read 'PoR' in bold italics.

With a sigh, I unlocked my apartment door, pushing it open to find Austin with a angry expression on his face. He stood in jeans and a plain shirt, his hair messy as if someone had ran their fingers roughly through them.

"Where have you been?" He whispered at first, as I merely looked at him. He had no right! "Where have you been, Luna!" He screamed.

My hands flew to my head, as I closed my eyes to shut the pain out. "Ssshhh." I hushed him, as I took a deep breath in, and reopened my eyes to find Austin with his arms crossed.

"What?! Huh?!" He paused, as I shut the door behind me to stop any of my neighbors from hearing. "Am I not supposed to worry! Just because you mad at me doesn't mean you should go out with some random person and not come home! Jesus Luna, you fucking grown!"

My lips parted, as I stared at the man before me. I wanted to scream! Instead I held myself as best as I could, upright and began to make my way to my room.

I had never been the party type, yet last night all I could do was let loose, for the first time in a long time, I genuinely felt free.

"Where you going?" He questioned, as I passed him, bumping my shoulder against his.

"To my room." I deadpanned, with a frown on my face.

I heard him first, the squeaking of his sneakers on the clean floor, before I felt his hand being place around my forearm, as he pulled me back to face him.

"Let me go!" I screamed, pulling his hand from my arm.

Austin looked at me with eyes filled with shame. Shame. Something he had no right to look at me with.

"What?!"

He shook his head. "Its funny how you do the same shit I do, yet I have no right to say shit. Right?" My eyes met his. "How fucking hypocritical of you!"

"Fuck you!" I snapped.

He chuckled, dryly. "Fuck me? Fuck you! I was worried! Anything could have happened. You don't know how dangerous the world is, those people could-"

"What?!" I interrupted him. "The same people, you don't want me to know about? Or are you talking about the shit you pulled at the harbor? Fuck, are those the same people?"

He stayed silent, when I heard him let out a sigh. "I don't want to fight. I thought something happened to you."

For a mere moment I almost crumbled. But I've been through this too many times with Austin, I knew the cycle. I knew the signs. It was best I stayed strong.

"Yet, that is all we ever do." I bit my bottom lip, as my body fell onto the couch. "Why are you really here, Austin?"

Silence filled around us, as the pain in my head began to disperse. And my body began to relax. I felt like a teenager that had been caught by her parents, like those teens in the old 2000's American teen movies.

"I can't tell you." He spoke, as if the words were dying to come out, but were trapped.

That's not good enough anymore. I thought, as I sat up

"If you can't tell me, I can't help you. I'm done being your backup, only to be left behind again." I whispered, as I stood to my feet.

Still dressed in the vintage jazz dress, hair messy and feet paining, I left my apartment. This was a bad idea. Why did I leave? It was my apartment and yet my legs continued to move. I ended up in front of my parked car. Checking the time on my phone, that was barely living. 10:43

With a defeated sigh, I got into my car. I had taken nothing but my keys and my phone. Hell I was bare feet and smelled of frat house and cigars.

Who could I call? Go to? Even with friends, I was still alone. No one to have my back, when I have everyone else's.

And this was probably the biggest mistake I would ever make in my life, but I started my car and reversed out of my parking, speeding onto the road leading down Collinwood, and into the rich side of CastleBay.

What was the worst that could happen? He turns me away? I get fired?

At this rate, deep inside of me I knew someway I deserved everything that's coming my way. I wasn't a good person before. I did bad things, met bad people...

"We didn't order shit, go away." The familiar voice said over the speaker that stood to the side of the massive gates.

My cheeks blushed, at I thought of backing out and having them think I was just some fast food delivery driver, but the words left before I could stop myself.

"Actually, It's Luna...f-from the club."

As I sat outside the massive gates, I felt my body fight my sleep. I felt exhausted, dehydrated and fatigued. I needed a bed and some food, yet I sat in my car outside my boss's house.

I heard a buzz sound, before the gates opened, and I drove in. Maybe last night's drinking and smoking were still attacking my insides, because as I slowed my car to a stop, my eyes began to close. What was wrong with me? I felt a little high, as I parked my car and stepped out.

The doors of the estate opened and out walked Mr Stefano, dressed, per usual, in a dark fitted suit with his hair gelled back and his chin held up. Besides him Ricky walked with just as much confidence as his boss. Enzo held a lit cigarette between his lips, as his eyes scanned me over. Damn...without my heels, I was even shorter than him, reaching his chest.

"Mr Stefano..." I tried to say in a cheery voice, but failed, as it sounded husky and dry.

My legs began to wobble, as I walked towards them, only to fight the drowsiness and keep my eyes from closing.

"Ms Brown..." He began, as I neared him, almost close enough to touch him.

But I couldn't hold my eyes opened, as they closed and I felt my body go numb to the touch. "Enzo." I whispered out in pain, as I mentally prepared myself for the fall...

***************♡**************

Hello loves....

Sorry about the slow updating and the unedited chapters....

But anyway, here's chapter 15 and a very big thank you to everyone still on this ride with me.

This chapter is dedicated to those loyal readers from the start.

Happy reading cupcakes 🧁
Ali.