Chapter 11.

“Baby?” I heard Ricky questioned. His voice somewhere between a little shocked and not surprised.

My eyes found those swollen ones. Ignoring Ricky and Knox that followed us out, as we walked towards my car. My hands on my hips, as I stopped, frustration clear on my face.

“Why are you here, Austin?!” I snapped.

Austin turned to me, his lips trying to forming a smirk but the cut on his bottom lip stopping his movements.

“Came to see the love of my life.”

“Fuck off!” I snapped, pulling my car door open and getting in. Rolling the window down, as I looked at Ricky. “Thanks for getting me in, I owe you one.”

He nodded, glancing between me and Austin. Ricky turned to walk away, stopping so he could pull Knox, who looked amused by us all.

“Luna, come on. I need money to get to your place!” Argued Austin, as he pulled the passenger door open. “How did you even know I was here?”

I bit my lip. My hands tightening around the steering wheel. “I still got friends from my past.”

Starting the car, I glanced one more time around me, as I began to pull out of the corner stop, my car stood in. Driving rather slowly past Ricky and his friends.

“Well, looks like I’m not the only one that still dabbles in the dirty water.” He tried laughing. Holding onto his ribs.

“Shut the fuck up. You need a hospital.” I paused as I pulled onto a road. “And I need to get to work.”

There was a deep silence in the car. As I drove towards the hospital. My mind running with questions, all of which I don’t dare ask Austin about. I didn’t need my past coming up after so long of being buried.

When I saw the white lighten up words of CastleBay Hospital, I sighed, pulling into the emergency lane. Stopping the car, long enough for a very injured Austin to get out.

Austin turned to me. “You not coming in with me?”

I shook my head. “No.” I snapped. “You got yourself in shit, now get yourself better.”

And I drove off. Heading for club 60. Hoping that no one would notice that I was more than two hours late.

When I pulled up in front of club 60. Like usual, the lines were long and everyone looked ready to have a good time.

I locked my doors after I parked. Walking up around the side to enter through the employee entrance, but before I could push the door open. Timothy rushed out. A cigarette in-between his fingers, as his eyes landed on me.

“You late Luna.” He said, lighting the cancer stick. “And no fucking surprise but boss man is here. Again.”

My brows pulled together. Why was Enzo here. “Yeah sorry. I had to pick up a….um a friend.

Timmy just nodded, pulling the door open for me to enter. I gave him a small smile, as I rushed into the club. Being quick to manoeuvre my way to put my things down and get to work.

As I walked out of the dressing room. My eyes on the skirt, that I was still tying into place.

“Ms brown.” Tsked Enzo. His eyes scanning me up and down. “Two and half hours late for work.”

Panic.

“I’m sorry, I had um to pick up…” I hesitated. “A friend.”

Enzo nodded. His fingers going into the loops of my skirt. “I heard so. A male friend.”

He pulled me towards his body. Chest to chest. As my heart beat went up. His tone was something of disapproval when he said “…male..”

“Who is he to you?” he growled, his lips going to just below my ear and neck. “Mmm?”

My cheeks blushed on their own. As I stuttered from the closeness of his body to mine. “J-just a f-friend.”

His nibbled on my earlobe, blowing on the my spot, as he pulled slightly away. “A friend, huh?”

“Yes.” I nodded, my breath hitting his waist coat.

His fingers made their way into my hair, as he made a fist and pulled my head from his chest. The mere action caused my cheeks to darken and my breath to hitch in my throat.

“I don’t like this friend.” He said, as his hot breath hit my lips. It smelled of whiskey.

My eyes met his, as I tried to calm my heart down. “You don’t know him.”

He shrugged. Giving my hair another tug. This time harder, as his eyes harden as well. His other hand moved down to my waist, as he pushed me even further into him. His lips met my neck, as he began leaving soft, slow kisses all the way up, till he stopped at my ear.

“I know that any male that knows you.” He paused, whispering extra soft. “Knows your body.” He licked my neck, his hand leaving my waist and moving to my neck. “Ain’t just a friend.”

Did he just call me a whore?

I snapped out of whatever haze he had me in. As I stepped back. Making sure to put space between the two of us.

“No offense, Mr Stefano.” I said, as I tried to keep my face from showing just how irritated I was, as his words now made sense in my head. “But you don’t know Austin. Please don’t make assumptions.”

Enzo paused. His eyes hot and heavy, as he scanned me over. His gaze alone was intense and somehow passionate. Like if I locked mine on his and allowed him to take everything, my world will fill with the same heated feeling, in those glares of his.

“Luna…” he began, as he took a step forward.

But I knew better. And I didn’t trust my body to agree with me. So I took a step around him.

“I’m sorry, Mr Stefano. I know I was late and you can take it out of my pay check.” I paused, glancing back at him. “But I need to get to work. I’m on the clock.”

And I walked away.

I heard him swore under his breath, as I got myself lost in the loud music and the drunken cheers of the clubbers.

What was wrong with me? Enzo Stefano is nothing but a rich playboy, that only wants me for my body, to have his fun and then later throw me away. I need to get my shit in order. The feeling of rainy clouds coming, seem to swim in the pit of my stomach, as my mind drifted to Austin and the troubles that usually followed after him.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

A little something for @barbaranavela,  because I read that comment with a little aggression 😂😂

Don't forget to comment, vote and share! Also give a girl a follow.

Happy reading cupcakes 🧁.