Chapter 16.

The suns rays played on my closed eyelids, as I laid half-limb by the window, my hands gripping onto the think curtains of the room. It had been a week since I collapsed, a week of doing nothing and seeing no one but Enzo and Ricky, though Ricky was told not to come near me.

When Enzo asked me why I felt the way I felt, why I fainted into his arms, I couldn't answer him. I didn't know why. To me, I have thought the night with Roseanne had gone amazing, that for once I could have had fun without the worry of sick, delusional people. But I was wrong.

Drugged as I was leaving. Fuck!

I remember the day after, when I had awoke for the first time. Enzo Stefano stood over me, like a lion over a gazelle. He looked pissed and lustful at the same time.

"What the fuck are you doing going to a party with a stranger!" He had screamed at me, as I pulled the blankets to hide my embarrassed, shameful face. "What was his name?" I had seen the vein on his neck, looking ready to pop, as he awaited my answer.

It was a weird feeling, but the reality of going to a party with a grateful stranger that wasn't Enzo, made me feel shameful, as though I was cheating on him. When in reality he was just my boss. Nothing more...

For the days after, I had tried to avoided him as much as possible. I was in his house, eating his food and wearing his clothing. If anything I looked like his whore. And a whore was not who I am.

My eyes snapped back towards the window, as the sound of gun shots filled the air. My eyes widened slightly, as I watched Enzo, stand in grey sweats and a black wife beater, his gun pointed at targets, no doubt set up by Ricky. He looked angry, then again since I've been here, his looked this way. He took aim at another target, before pulling the trigger and hitting it in what would be the heart. The sound of the gun fire, caused me to jump slightly, as I held my hand over my heart. For weeks, I had thought maybe there was something between us, but now here, when it was just us two, it seemed almost as though it is nothing but hatred.

I missed working at the club, yet it wouldn't be respectable at my grandmother's status, but it kept my mind from running wild, kept me busy and paid well.

With a sigh, I stood up, leaving the room and making my way towards the back of the overly large house, to where Enzo stood reloading his gun.

"Teach me?" I called out.

Enzo turned towards me, his eyes running from my exposed legs to the top of my brows, lingering for a second as they landed on my lips, before he tsked and looked away.

"Please." I begged. For what? I had no clue. Maybe I was wishing to feel that same fucking zoo, as I did when he wrapped himself around me on the dance floor of his club or maybe I was pushing for something that could have simply been my own feelings, being projected onto him. "I'm bored here and you won't let me leave. So show me how."

Truth be told, I knew how. I had to. One doesn't survive the cruelty of my past by throwing just blades...

"No doubt you know how, tesoro." He assembled a gun, before turning it and handing it to me. "Don't act sweet now."

His words seemed to piss me off, as I pulled the gun from his hands and corked it. Taking aim on the targets set out, before pulling the trigger, non stop. Act sweet? Never once.

"Why are you keeping me here, Enzo?" I whispered. Before placing the empty gun down on the small wooden table, he had set up.

Enzo glanced at me, before placing a cigarette between his lips. My eyes narrowed at his movement, but I bit my tongue. "Its addicting." He mumbled. I leaned against the table, shrugging. "Its nicotine, of cause its addicting." He shook his head and pointed a tattoed finger at me. "You. You're addicting."

"Me?"

"You."

My eyes ran over his face, hate filling me to the point, knowing that I had begun falling for my boss. I prayed I was still far from landing in his arms, knowing how painful it was to sky dive for a tattoo man.

"Who was he?" Enzo questioned, as he lit the cigarette, taking two long drags. "The one who took you to this party?" He clarified.

"She." I emphasized. "Roseanne. I met her at your club, she was drunk and I took her home. All she wanted was to say thank you. So she invited me to a party as such." I paused, taking the cigarette from his lips and taking two drags, coughing as I did, before he took it back, with his eyes narrowly warning me. "And for once I wanted to enjoy myself, not to take care of anyone. Not to worry about tomorrow and it's responsibilities. Just for once, I wanted to be free. This may come as a surprise to you, boss, but not everyone just has the money to enjoy some days."

"Atleast, I don't."

Enzo stayed silent for a moment, before killing the half smoked cigarette. "I like you Luna..." My heart began to beat like crazy in my chest, as I tilted my head up at him. "...you're the best goddamn employee I ever had. But not everyone with money, was born with a silver spoon in their mouth."

Wow.

I think my heart just broke...

A forced smile formed on my face, as I nodded. Praying he could not hear the tremble in my voice. "Thanks...boss."

"I think maybe it's time for me to go home. I'm sure Austin is worried sick." I mumbled, knowing it got under his skin when I mentioned another man, but this time he merely nodded.

Did I not interest him anymore?

"Ricky will take you. Just let me know when you're ready."

Fuck you Enzo. No. He didn't deserve my 'fuck you', but why does this hurt so much. We were never a thing. Never together, hell we never even kissed. Kind of. So why did this hurt so much to hear him say, I was the best employee?