Chapter 21.

Was this love?

If so, love makes you do stupid and unspeakable things. It came with problems, heartbreak and torture. But it also came with smiles and laughter and a sense of peace I had never felt before. Everyone loves differently. I think I had accepted that long before I knew I actually loved him.

Love is acceptance.

And I wanted it all. Every part of him. Even the darkness part of him that he thinks I'd run from.

If I'm going to love. I'm going to do so with all my being. Protecting my heart only hurt it more.

"Darling, I don't want you to do this." Enzo's hands were on my shoulders, as I faced him. His face a mixture of concern and frustration. My eyes locked on his, as I took a deep breath in. "But I want to. This is part of you. And I want all of you."

He shook his head, his lips parting to argue, but instead he nodded his head, as he pulled his hands from my shoulders and lifted a red dagger from the table besides us. He twirled the blade in his hand, before handing it to me. Handle first. "I don't want you to do this. But I'm not going to stop you. I'm selfish that way." He confessed.

I took the blade from his hand, the sound of my own heart racing in my ears as I finally took in my surroundings. We were in a basement in one of Enzo's many warehouses. And tied in a seat before me, was one of his men. A traitor. He was large, built of pure muscle. With a short buzzed cut and deep blue eyes. I should feel something for him. He was human and had done nothing to me. So why was I mad that he would betray Enzo. Why did the sight of his smug face make me angry?

This was initiation. "What am I allowed to do?" I glanced over my shoulder at Enzo, who had taken a authoritative seat near the weapons tables. He shrugged. "As long as he reveals his master. Anything, my love."

My eyes snapped to the man before me. Pausing as I waited if guilt would eat at me. Or if anything that would stop me. Instead I felt nothing. Years of trauma and fear was bubbling to the surface, in the most unhealthy way.

"You should stop her." Came Ricky's voice, as I heard him close the cell door behind him. "She'll regret it." He tried to convince Enzo. With a deep breath, I glanced once more over my shoulder at the man who has my heart. His eyes held pride. It was all I needed to know, he trust me. My decision to do this.

"What do we need to know?" I asked out loud in a sarcastic manner, as I dragged the tip of the blade from the guys forehead down to his thigh, making sure to leave a red line behind. I could feel the smirk in his voice, as he spoke. "Only two questions darling. Where the ship of guns they stole are and who..."

I interrupted him, a smile on my face. "And who his master is."

There was something sinister about holding so much control over someone else. Over their life. I had never felt so powerful before.

My hand lifted, as I brought the blade down with much force as I could, and stabbed the traitor in his thigh. He grunted out, clearly refusing to show how much it hurts. "You know the questions. You should answer, before I start enjoying this."

The man spat at me, but I smiled. I was long gone from the innocent little Luna Brown that feared so much. I didn't know this girl, but I liked her. My smile turned to a smirk, as I pulled the blade through his thigh, lifting it out before it touched his knee. "Come on big man. My mind is going crazy here." It was the truth. I suddenly knew of ways to torture. As if this sick, crazy person had always been inside me. Still smirking, I cut his ear. Then the other. Doing so slowly, as if cutting tight meat. "Oh no, he passed out." I pouted looking at Enzo, who sat with a hard on.

"Wake him." He snapped, as his men threw the traitor with ice water.

The man snapped awake. Fear now in his eyes, as he watched me. "You know. I read something that I always wanted to try. Can we?" I turned waiting for Enzo's answer. He nodded. His men then turned to me, awaiting my orders.

"Let's tie him to those cross things and place a bulb in his mouth. Or skin him alive." My eyes widened as I glanced from Enzo to the traitor, who shook his head in fear.

"They in a warehouse off Baker Street!" The traitor screamed, as I pouted again. A sudden itch that I couldn't do as I said.

"Can I?" I questioned. "He didn't answer your second question."

I was unsure if he could hear, but he looked as if he read my lips. Pissing himself as he trembled. "Jac Roberto!" He took a deep breath in. "Please, kill me."

"Roberto?" Enzo questioned, as the traitor nodded. "That one-a-be French American little shit?"

I looked between the traitor and Enzo with confusion. I didn't know this Jac Roberto. "Anyway, let's try this." I clapped, as the traitors eyes widened at me. Enzo laughed, as he wrapped his arms around me. "Enough, little warrior."

"He was so easy." I complained, as Enzo laughed once more. "Are all you men so easy?" He shrugged. "I would hope not."

Enzo pulled me from the cell, as the door closed behind us and I heard the faint sound of a gun shot. "Come, my love. There's one more thing, I promised."

A smile formed on my face, as I jumped onto him. Wrapping my legs around his waist, as his hands moved to hold me up by my bottom. "So I'm in?" He nodded. "That was also easy." He chuckled, kissing my lips. As I sighed in contentment. I was crazy for this. Definitely. "Not yet, darling. You still have to take omertà. The code of silence."

"When?" I suddenly felt excited again.

Enzo smiled. "Soon. But first I feel for a nice warm fire."

****************♡****************
Thank you to everyone for placing this book in their favorites and other reading list. I truly appreciate it. 🥂

Don't forget to comment, vote and share. And give a girl a follow.

Happy reading cupcakes 🧁
Ali♡