Chapter 1 - Welcome to Michio's World.

In the heart of Alvarez, a land known for its love, merrymaking, and bravery, Michio's story unfolded. He had always been an unconventional soul in a world filled with knights and swordsmen. Alvarez had a rich history of producing the mightiest knights, but among them, one title reigned supreme - the "sword saint."

These sword saints were the guardians of the land, heroes who protected their people like gods. They had faced countless battles against the underworld's demons, battles that left scars on both sides and were shrouded in secrecy as the "Forbidden Wars."

Three millennia after the First Forbidden War, peace had been achieved through a treaty between the Great World Emperor and the Demon King. However, the peace had been disturbed a decade and a half ago when the ruling Demon King and his followers grew restless.

Once again, the bravest warriors of Earth and the Alvarian Sword Saint were summoned to battle. Legends whispered that this particular sword saint was the greatest of them all, but even he fell at the hands of the Demon King.

Yet, just as suddenly as the attacks had begun, they ceased. Peace remained elusive as rogue demons roamed, sparking minor skirmishes. Amidst it all, Michio harbored his own singular ambition - to confront the Demon King who had defeated the god-like sword saint and exact his own revenge.

To the world, Michio appeared unremarkable, and he was determined to prove them wrong. He didn't yearn for the title of a sword saint; he couldn't even wield a wooden sword. But it was his story, and he intended to write it his way.

Our tale unfolds in the Arena Alvarez, where excitement was palpable. The crowd eagerly awaited the upcoming battle, their cheers and jeers filling the air. The commentator, a master at riling up the audience, stepped up to the microphone.

"Alrighty then! It's the bout you've all been waiting for!" he exclaimed, drawing everyone's attention. "Let's bring in the fighters, shall we?"

The east den's valiant contender, Knight Aspirant #7, Valac, entered, his pristine appearance a stark contrast to his impending battle. The crowd went ballistic, showering him with adoration.

"And his opponent," the commentator continued, "Knight Aspirant #5, the underdog with animal-like instincts and knuckle-blazing action - MICHIOOOOO!!!"

The arena erupted with cheers and chants for both contestants. In the fifth waiting room, Michio prepared himself, putting down his gourd of water, wiping his face with a towel, and then exiting the room. As he approached the west den's exit, the blinding light outside revealed a sea of thousands of people rooting for him. He lifted his fist, and the crowd's cheers reached a crescendo.

Valac, already on the fighting grounds, exuded confidence with his jet-black sword and perfectly styled hair. They approached each other, and the referee instructed them to shake hands.

Valac declared, "Your journey ends here. I don't intend on losing."

Michio retorted, "Yeah, whatever. Just shake it already."

The referee ushered them apart, announcing, "Begin!"

The commentator's voice echoed through the arena, "Sit tight because this is gonna be a ride! Let's gooooo!!"

The match had begun, and Michio, wearing a grin of determination, wasted no time. He bent down and burst toward Valac, who drew his sword and pointed it at his oncoming adversary.

"Come," Valac challenged.

Michio replied with unwavering resolve, "You don't need to tell me."

However, the journey to this moment had its origins three years earlier. A 13-year-old Michio once found himself being pursued by rogue demons through the forest, their bloodthirsty screeches haunting his every step.