Chapter 5 - Graceful Rejection

I heard writing in POV carries more emotional value. You guys better be crying in the comments later.

Main Characters for this Chapter : Rafa

Minor Roles: Bojin, Gmakame, Jotar, Aziza , Alcea

@Ganban Academy For Prospective Warriors

Rafa's POV

It's been like 7 months since that thing went down at the Emporium. Things are pretty much back to normal now. The academy actually filled old man Pomzo in on it and they decided to give me a whole week off to "get better".

I stared over at the chalkboard in our class.

Teach was rambling on about something gracefully like always. He prided himself on doing things as gracefully as possible, and honestly, even if I was staring right at him, I wouldn't be able to tell you what he was talking about even if my life depended on it.

While I was checking things out, I noticed something in the corner of my eye. There was this leaf desperately holding onto its branch, getting tossed around by the wind. It wasn't like the leaf had any shot at survival, but I preferred focusing on that rather than whatever Teach was blabbering about.

I don't know why, but a part of me kind of wanted the leaf to win. So, with my head in my left hand and my elbow propping it up, I just sat there watching as the leaf continued to rustle until...

I heard a little tear noise and then a loud crunch. I glanced over and saw two random students strolling around on campus, laughing their heads off. What a bunch of idiots.

"Like that's my leaf!" I muttered rather angrily, or at least I thought I did.

I wasn't really paying attention, but I wasn't so clueless that I wouldn't notice that the entire class had gone silent and was looking at me. You know how you can just sense it sometimes?

"Your leaf, Mr. Rafa? Would you care to clarify?" Teach looked tougher than a cup of Monday morning coffee.

Gotta think fast! Need to come up with something, ummm.... okay, got it!

"Yeah, yeah," I sat up straight, "I was just telling my buddy Bojin here," I tucked the confused Bojin under my arm, "about how I believe(leaf) what you said is true, haha,-- you buying it?"

The whole class went silent again. Then there was a titter , then a giggle until the whole class suddenly burst into laughter. Bojin especially, and even Himari (Alcea) with her palms covering her mouth.

Oh man not Alcea too, Earth swallow me now. I melted under my seat to avoid the shame.

"Well, if that's the case. Be sure to pack what you need and have the class meet in front of the academy. You are the class representative after all".

After Teach left, I was stuck in the classroom with the other hyenas. They kept laughing until everyone finally left. I let out a big sigh and closed the door as I left.

Teach led us outside and then stopped to tell us.

"As I'm sure you are all aware, the highly anticipated Knight Selection Exams are rapidly approaching. In just a matter of slightly over three months, each and every one of you will come face to face with an immense challenge that will undoubtedly be the biggest obstacle you have encountered thus far in your journey."

"If you were to go and disgrace yourselves, the academy, and especially me, all the time you have spent here for the past three years would be completely worthless. In order to prevent this from happening, regular classes will be suspended for the upcoming three months."