Chapter 7- Lyn Raiden : Nana Lyn Raiden.

The corridors outside the East Wing of the castle had seemed to age so much in the years she had spent here. The loggia no longer had its stoic and imposing grey colour. She no longer had to scurry across because she felt like the walls were glaring at her. Green moss had slithered its way into the cracks of the much older statues, giving some of the more 'explicit' ones some undergrowth in their private areas.

Much younger pages, mostly boys- only boys in fact, had gathered themselves at the scene and seemed to be having quite the laugh.

'Ah the joys of youth', she thought to herself as she walked past.

Rightfully so too, if she was about seventy years old. She wondered whether she would have been laughing too if she was as young as they were. She shook her head wildly at the thought. Definitely not.

Maybe those two would have. And that was not a strong maybe.

The only reason it was not a 'definitely' or an 'of course' was because of the slimmer than even one-percent chance that both of them had lost their vision simultaneously . This young woman was definitely not the type to ignore a less than a percentile probability. That, she was a hundred percent sure of.

But who knows, just like the grey eerie walls had started to look more like the mortar and cement they actually were, maybe those two had just managed to become more- mature. Knowing them, that also had a less than one percent chance of happening to at least one of them. How much more both?

'Oh no'. She turns to the right and sees a pair of maids, who despite the whole theme of change the author poured into the chapter, didn't seem to be on board. She took a deep breadth, straightened her face even more and braced herself. She wished there was a way not to go through this again.

"There. It's her."

"gasp. It is her. She never even smiles these days."

"It hurts to think back. She used to the breath of fresh air round here. "

"The ray of sunshine on a cloudy day."

"She was like a cool breeze on a hot noon."

"She was like a drop of honey in the sourness of this world."

The young woman stares with a look of disgust as the two maids go full song mode. Twirling around with every new idiom the other spouted. She sighed and made her way towards them, wishing that part of her abnormally blonde hair had not covered one of her eyes so they could see the criminally offensive glare or (sorry guys i just had to) side-eye she was giving them.

She already knew the author wanted an adventure slash shounen type battle anime adaptation so them waltzing about like it was some Disney movie got on her nerves even more.

The maids continued disneying around until one lost her balance and came tumbling down almost right into her. Not like she was ever going to hit her, her hawk eyes had been on them since, so dodging was too easy. After all she was a Raiden.

"Watch it you bat eyed bozos!" she hissed at them as she went past. The poor maid quickly forgot about the pain from her fall and quickly hurried off with her counterpart. Tears in both of their eyes.

She had tried to hide it, in her speech , behavior and pretty much anything else. She tried to sound as formal and lady-like as possible, but growing up in the rural really did a number on most of her lets just say 'mannerisms'. It was always hard to act like the nobility she actually was.

She turned back hoping to muster an apology but noticed that they were gone. Who wouldn't be after that?! Oh well. She just huffed and made her way forward. Her gold plated armor clanking because of her intentional heavy footsteps.