Chapter 8- The Artist In The Basement.

@Alvarian Castle East Wing. Sparring grounds.

Mel and Nana are in their training gear working on hand-to-hand combat. Emile is watching from the sidelines, sharing a cupcake with his thunderbird, Raicho.

Nana pauses for a minute to catch her breath. Mel hops from one foot to the other, while signaling for her student to try again. Nana refocuses takes a deep breath and sprints toward the woman. With lightning-fast speed she zaps forward only leaving sparks of lightning in her wake.

Mel scans around the area trying to predict when Nana would strike. Nana suddenly appears crouching right in front of her , going for the right uppercut.

Mel instinctively goes into flight mode using wind from her mouth to create distance. Nana is sent flying and struggles to gain her balance mid-air. She holds on to nearby branch on an old tree.

"Come on Nana! Put some more umph into it! You don't wanna be like your brother!"

"HEY! *cough* *cough* " Emile yells as he chokes on the cupcake and drops the rest of it on the ground. Raicho quickly swoops in and flies off with the cupcake and rests on the same branch of the old tree.

"Oi! Bring that back here you GREEDY BASTARD!" Emile yells at the white bird with gold stripes and beak.

"Kaw!" The bird screeched before it opened its beak and shot a little bolt of lightning, right at Emile's head.

" Ow!Ow!Ow!Ow!" Emile bent down and grabbed the now black burnt part of his bedhead in pain.

"Good job Raicho!" Nana smiled at the bird, who certainly looked pleased by his actions. It walked over to Nana and pecked her hand that held the tree playfully.

"N-no Raicho!" Nana lost her grip and came crashing down into the bush behind the tree.

"HA!" Emile snapped back. Nana lifted her finger and shot a bolt of lightning straight at Emile. Emile hurriedly cowered behind the bench he was sitting on.

"Okay I think that's enough for today! ha-ha! ow!" Mel laughed so hard her stomach hurt. " Oi! Raicho" she reached into her pouch and threw up a tiny bite-sized biscuit. The bird kawed in delight before swiftly capturing the treat in midair. It landed on Mel's stretched out arm and earned itself some pets. Mel couldn't see what was so bad about the bird. Maybe it just liked her more.

Or so she thought until Raicho, as hungry as his master, started flying around Mel's pouched demanding more food.

"Raicho! Alright Alright! " The bird did not stop until Melanie lost her balance and fell down hard on her butt. Raicho didn't even feel sorry, he just landed next to the fallen pouch and began munching on the rest of the snacks.

"Ow! " Mel rubbed her sore butt as she got back on her feet. "Raichoooo, shoo! Those are for all of us!" The bird tried to stick its tiny tongue out before resuming his borrowed meal.

Nana got out of the bush, and painfully removed some of the thistles stuck to her. She frowned at the bird and summoned her own magical pet.

"Bolt! " she sighed and pointed to the bird. " Go." The fluffy white Japanese Spitz run toward the bird barking as loud as it could. The bird flew off to a nearby roof and kawed back at the innocent white dog. Raicho, wasn't a dog type of person or well bird , they were always so messy and had more saliva than their mouths could contain. They weren't as elegant as birds , but many humans seemed to like them a lot more nonetheless. Bolt, after a job well done ,snuck some treats himself before running back into Nana bringing them both to the ground.

" Good job boy!" Nana said as she lifted the dog off her licked face. She sat up on the floor and placed the dog beside her. The dog nudged Nana with its foxlike pointed muzzle and cute button black nose, its curved tail wagging excitedly. It had a gold collar with the Raiden's and trademark lightning bolt and another birthmark of one on its right hip.