74 : Riker has a fight with his parents | Part 2

A/N : Requested by @AradhanaVanAssche 

74 - Riker has a fight with his parents

It's the next morning and Riker knows he needs to go back home and talk to his dad. But you can tell he's super nervous.

"Riker, I'm sure it'll be fine," you say, holding his hand in yours.

"I don't know... I've never been in a screaming match like that with my dad before."

"Look, you both had time to cool off. Just try to talk it out without getting mad again."

"Will you come with me? I feel like he won't yell at me if you're there."

"Sure, Rik."

Riker only lives a few minutes away, so you both walk to his house together. He knocks on the door and his dad answers it with his arms crossed. You can feel Riker tensing up beside you.

"Can we talk, please?" Riker asks, softly.

"Ok."

You follow Riker inside to the kitchen. He and his dad sit down on opposite sides of the table.

"I know you don't think I care about R5. But I do. I'm just busy with other things, like Glee and auditions. Ross spends the same amount of time on R5 that I do, and he's on Austin and Ally and recording songs for Disney. I love playing in R5, but I also love acting. So I'm splitting my time up between the two of them. But I do care about R5. So please don't kick me out of it."

Riker is squeezing your hand super tight under the table, anxiously waiting for his dad's response.

"Ok. I understand. It just seems like you're late for rehearsals a lot."

"That's only because I have to drive home from Glee and there's traffic. It's not my fault. I'm trying my best, dad."

"Ok. Come here."

Riker goes over and hugs his dad tight.