6 : Bad Day

6 - Bad day

You're waiting for your boyfriend Riker to come over. He's spending the night at your house. He's been really busy with R5 stuff lately, so he's getting to your house really late.

You look at the clock. It's almost 10:30. You're getting tired, and hope you'll be able to stay awake.

All of a sudden, you hear quiet knocks on the front door. You get up and open it to find Riker standing there.

"Hey. You have a key. You can just come in, remember?" You say.

"I forgot it..."

"Oh..."

You can tell something's off with him. He's not his normal happy self. You can tell it's not just tiredness. It's something else.

"Riker, you feeling ok?" You ask, leading him into the living room.

"Yeah," he says, sighing.

"Ok..."

You decide not to push him any more. If he wants to tell you, he will.

"Do you have anything I can eat?" Riker asks suddenly.

"Um... Yeah. Go help yourself."

"Thanks... I'm probably going to have cereal..."

"That's fine..."

He leaves the room, while you go on Netflix to pick a movie. All of a sudden you hear a thud.

"Ow!"

You get up, and walk into the kitchen to find your boyfriend on the floor.

"Riker, what happened?"

"I accidentally spilt some milk, and then I slipped..."

You offer him your hand, and he takes it. You pull him up, and he goes back to making his bowl of cereal. You don't even get to the couch yet when you hear a weird noise, and then Riker groaning.

"I can't freaking do anything right!"

You walk back into the kitchen. Riker has slid down to the ground, hiding his face in his hands. You see cereal spilled all over the counter. You sit down on the floor beside him.

"What's wrong? It's just cereal."

"It's not just the stupid cereal... It was forgetting my bass this morning, and having to drive all the way back home. And then Ross pranking me, and getting me soaking wet during rehearsal. I didn't even have a change of clothes! When I left rehearsal, my car had this huge scratch on the side of it. And when I got home, I found that the clothing rod in my closet broke, and everything's all over the place. I'm just having a bad day, ok!?"

You can hear the frustration in his voice. He sounds on the verge of tears, which is rare for him.

You suddenly feel his arms around you tight, and he pulls you close.

"I'm sorry for yelling. Please don't hate me," he says quietly, holding you tighter.

"I don't hate you. You had a bad day. I understand."

You quickly kiss his cheek, and then pull away from him. You clean up the mess he made, and make him a new bowl of cereal. Both of you walk into the living room together, and you hand him his cereal. He sits down right next to you.

"There. Better?" You ask.

Riker sighs.

"What?" You ask.

"I don't have a spoon..."

"I'll go get you one, you big baby," you say, standing up.

"Hey!"

You try to hold in your laughter as you walk back into the kitchen. You grab him a spoon, and then hand it to him when you get back.

"Thanks..."

"You're welcome."

You put on the movie you chose, and then cuddle close to Riker. Once he's finished with his cereal, he pulls you into his arms.

After a little while, Riker grabs the remote, and pauses the movie. You look up at him, slightly confused.

"I just wanted to say thanks... For making me feel better... Literally nothing has gone right today..."

You smile and hug him.

"I seriously don't know what I'd do without you," Riker whispers.

He unpauses the movie, and pulls a blanket over both of you. You end up falling asleep in his arms.