71 : Riker has a crush on you

A/N : Short, but still cute.

71 - Riker has a crush on you

You and Riker have been friends for a few years now. You told each other everything. But Riker has been acting kind of strange these past few days. And you intended to find out why.

You asked him if he could come over today, and he said sure. So you were waiting for him on your front steps.

You finally saw him walking over to your house. He sat down beside you on the front steps.

"What's up?" He asked.

"That's what I would like to know. You've been acting weird this past week."

"Oh..."

"Well why? Did something happen?"

"No, not exactly..."

"Well what is it then?"

"It's just... I don't know..."

He looked down at his shoes.

"Riker, you know you can tell me anything."

"Yeah, but if I tell you this, it could make things weird."

"How?"

"I can't tell you!"

"Please?"

"You need to promise not to laugh or anything."

"I promise. Can you tell me now?"

"Fine... It's just... I sort of... like you..."

You look up at Riker. He's still staring down at his shoes and his cheeks are bright red.

"You mean like, have feelings for me?" You ask.

He nods.

"Aw, I like you too, Riker!"

He looks up at you.

"Really?"

"Yeah."

You pull him into a hug. He feels way more relaxed now.

"I've just been so nervous to tell you because I didn't know if you felt the same. And if you didn't, I didn't want things to be weird. I was just kind of scared," Riker mumbles.

"Aw."

"So um... Would you be my girlfriend?"

"Sure!"

"Ok. Cool."

You pull away from the hug and look at him. His cheeks are still a bit red, and he has an adorable smile on his face.

"Maybe we could even go out to dinner tonight," you say, taking his hands in yours.

"I'd like that," he says, smiling even bigger.