48 : You cut

48 - You cut

You're sitting on the bathroom floor, holding your razor blade. You've had a very long day at school, and you just want to make all the bad feelings go away.

You make a few marks on your wrists. You're debating making a few more when you hear your front door open. You can hear your mom talking to someone who sounds a lot like your boyfriend Riker. Riker is about the only one who doesn't hate you at school.

You jump up, and turn on the sink. You're trying to clean up your cuts as fast as possible.

Suddenly, there are knocks on the door.

"Are you ok? Your mom said you were up here," Riker says from the other side of the door.

"Um... I'll be out in a second!"

You dry your wrists, and look for bandaids, forgetting you ran out last week. You wipe the blood off your wrists one more time before pulling your sleeves down and walking out.

"Hey," Riker says, pulling you into a hug.

"Why are you here?"

"Because you've been weird today. I just wanted to make sure you were alright."

Your wrists are burning, and you know you should've done something better.

"Why don't you go wait in my bedroom, and I'll be there in a second, ok?" You ask.

"Wait, why? What's going on?"

You pull away from Riker, and see blood dripping down your hands.

"Oh my god, what happened?" Riker asks.

"Nothing. I'm fine, ok?"

"No, you're not!"

Riker pulls you into the bathroom, and pulls your sleeves up.

"Oh my god... W-what did you do!?" He asks, beginning to rinse off your wrists.

"Riker, I-"

"Did you do this to yourself!?"

"Well, yeah, but-"

"Why!?"

Riker's holding your wrists, but you can feel his hands shaking. You don't answer his question.

He cleans up your wrists properly, and they're not bleeding anymore. But they hurt a little bit.

Riker brings you into your bedroom. He sits down on your bed, and pulls you onto his lap.

"You need to talk to me," he says, wrapping his arms around you from behind.

"I had a long day, ok?"

"So that's a good excuse to hurt yourself!?"

"Riker-"

"No! Don't! Why would you do that!?"

You hear his voice crack, and you know he's on the verge of tears.

"Riker, I'm sorry..."

"You can't do that again. You can't. Please. If you need to talk, please talk to me. You can trust me, and I'll do everything I can to help. Please just don't do that again. Promise me."

"I can't promise, Riker. But I can try really hard."

He lays down, and pulls you down next to him, still holding you tight in his arms.

"I love you so much... And I'm not letting you go for awhile. You're stressing me out, and I just need you in my arms, ok?" Riker asks, quietly.

"Ok, Rik."

You cuddle into his chest, and relax, forgetting about everything else for a little while.