34 : Riker thinks you're cheating on him

34 - Riker thinks you're cheating on him

Riker and everyone else in the band house have been having this huge prank war. Yesterday they were trying to prank Ross by dumping water on him as he walked through the front door, but instead of Ross, they ended up doing it to you by mistake. Riker was the one who threw the water on you and it was his idea in the first place. So now you wanted to get him back.

Besides, you're tired of him always trying to plot something against his siblings instead of hanging out with you.

So you got Ross and Rocky in on the prank with you. You were going to pretend to be cheating on Riker with Ross. And when Riker got home, Rocky would tell him not to go up to Ross's room, which of course would make Riker suspicious and make him come up and see both of you in Ross's bed.

You were hoping this would end the prank war.

"What time is Riker supposed to be back?" You ask Ross.

"10 minutes. Rocky's in the kitchen, waiting for him."

You slip into bed next to Ross, and pull the blankets up over you. You move your tank top straps from your shoulders to your arms so when you cover yourself with the blanket it looks like you're not wearing anything.

Riker is going to flip.

But that's the goal. Scare him into not doing any more pranks.

"Rocky just texted me. Riker's downstairs," Ross says.

He puts his arm around you, and pretends to have a random conversation.

The door opens about a minute later, revealing Riker in the doorway.

"Riker! Dude! This is not what it looks like!" Ross says.

"W-what did you do!? W-why!? I t-thought..."

He turns and bolts out of the room. You fix the straps on your tank top, and run after him. He's locked himself in his room, and you can hear him crying loudly.

"Riker, open the door," you say.

"Go away!"

Ross walks down the hall, and unlocks the door. You go over to Riker. He's curled up in bed with the covers pulled over him entirely.

"Riker-"

"Go away! Don't touch me!"

"Riker, I need you to listen to me."

"No!"

You pull the covers off of him.

"Riker, it was a prank."

"You're lying!"

"No, I'm not. I got Ross and Rocky in on it. I did it to get you back for yesterday. I'm tired of the prank war, and I want it to be over."

"I-it's really just a prank?"

"Yes, Riker."

"So you didn't...?"

"No."

He sighs in relief, and sits up. He pulls you into his arms and holds onto you tightly.

"Please never do anything like that again. I swear, I'm still shaking inside."

You hug him back, and then pull away so you can look at him.

You wipe his tears away. Even though you feel bad about pranking him, it feels good to know that he actually loves you. You were a little unsure how he felt because he was constantly planning pranks and barely paying attention to you.

"I'm sorry, Riker."

"It's ok. I'm just glad you didn't cheat on me."

He pulls you into another tight hug.

"So can the war be over?"

"If it means never scaring me like that again, then yes!"

For the rest of the day, Riker practically clings to your side, probably scared of losing you. But you love the attention because you feel loved.