57 : Riker loses his bass

A/N : Omg, this is inspired by the latest R5TV. I felt SO bad for Riker. He seemed so upset!

57 - Riker loses his bass

"Hey, have you seen Riker?" Rydel asks you.

"No. I think he's on his way here from the hotel. Why?" You ask.

"Oh, you guys didn't come together?"

"No. Riker and I might be a couple, but sometimes we need some space. Especially since he wanted me to come on tour with him. We're literally with each other 24/7."

"Oh, ok... Well when he gets here, tell him dad needs to talk to him, ok?"

"Yeah. Is everything ok?"

"We can't find his bass."

"What!?"

"We think it got left at the last place because we literally looked everywhere for it. Dad wants to know exactly where Riker put it before we left."

"Oh... Ok, I'll tell him."

You know Riker must be almost here. So you go outside to wait for him to arrive at the venue.

After a few minutes, you see him get dropped off. He walks over to you, smiling, and pulls you into a hug. You don't hug him back, feeling bad about telling him about his bass.

"Hey. What's wrong?" Riker asks, pulling away.

"Um... Well, there's a slight problem..."

"What? Did I do something!?"

"No! Well... I mean not to me. It's nothing about us. It's about your bass."

"My bass?"

"Yeah. Rydel said to go talk to your dad. They can't find your bass."

Riker's eyes widen.

"Come on," you say, taking his hand.

You both walk inside and go find his dad.

"What happened to my bass?" Riker asks.

"That's what we're trying to figure out. Tell me exactly what you did with it after the show yesterday."

"Uh... Well I packed it up. And I... uh... I think the last place I saw it was in our dressing room."

"Then it's probably still there."

"Why? We always leave our instruments there and the crew put them on the bus!"

"Riker, yesterday I specifically told you guys to bring everything out to the bus because we had to leave right away so we could get to our hotel before midnight so you guys could get enough sleep."

"Oh... Um... I'm sorry... I screwed up, didn't I? What are we going to do? We go on in like an hour."

"Well... We're going to have to drive back tonight to go see if it's still there. It's lucky you don't have a show tomorrow so we have time to go back and check. Hopefully nobody stole it."

Riker's grip on your hand tightens, and you know he's worried.

"What do I do about the show tonight?"

"I'll go talk to some people, and see if I can figure something out. Just go get changed and get ready like usual."

"Ok, dad..."

Riker brings you to his dressing room. 

"Worried about tonight?" You ask.

"A little. I mean... Hopefully dad can find me another bass to play. But it's going to feel weird playing without my own bass. And I'm not going to be able to stop thinking about this whole thing until we go back there. I really hope no one stole it."