4 : Cereal

4 - Cereal

You were staying in a beach house with Riker for the week. Yesterday you'd had a fight with him, and you weren't exactly sure if you guys were still together or not. There was a lot of yelling and screaming. And you both cried yourselves to sleep.

When you woke up, you weren't surprised to see that Riker wasn't in the room. You were pretty sure he'd slept downstairs last night. You decided to go downstairs to get some breakfast.

As soon as you reach the last step, you notice Riker sitting at the kitchen table, eating a bowl of cereal. You barely pay any attention to him as you walk over to the pantry to go get some cereal too. You open the doors, only to find the cereal up on the very top shelf. You sigh, knowing Riker did that on purpose...

You turn around and find Riker looking at you. But he quickly looks down at his bowl of cereal. You put your hands on your hips, and stare at him for a moment.

"Riker," you say, trying not to get mad.

He looks up, and you can tell he's trying to pretend he doesn't know anything.

"What?" He asks.

"Why did you put the cereal all the way up there? That's the only thing we have for breakfast."

"I don't know..."

You sigh again, and turn back to look at the cereal. You stand on your toes and reach for it, but you're just too short.

You turn back around to face Riker again, who is smiling down at his cereal.

"Riker."

He glances up at you.

"Get the cereal down for me. Right now."

"Give me one good reason."

"I'm hungry."

He doesn't budge from his seat.

"Riker."

"I will, on one condition."

"What?"

"I want a kiss."

"No way. I'm not kissing you. Not after yesterday."

"What about a kiss on the cheek?"

You shake your head no.

"Fine, then I'm not getting it."

You sigh, and then finally give in.

"Alright fine," you say, walking over to him.

Riker stands up. You're about to kiss his cheek when he quickly turns his face so you actually kiss his lips. He wraps his arms around you, and pulls you closer.

You immediately know you can't stay mad at him, and you put your arms around him too.

Finally, you pull away.

"I'm sorry for yesterday," Riker mumbles, looking you in the eyes.

You pause for a moment.

"It's ok. But why'd you put the cereal up there? To annoy me?"

"No... To get you to forgive me. I really am sorry."

"So will you get it down for me now?"

"Nope."

"Riker, come on! I'm starving!"

"You're not having cereal. I'm taking you out for breakfast!"

"Now?"

"Yeah!"

"I need to change, and brush my hair, and-"

"Nope. We're going how we are. And we're not going to care. You look beautiful. All that matters is that we're together."

He grabs your hands, and pulls you close to him again.

"Ok," you whisper.

He kisses you again, and then you leave to eat breakfast at a diner. The day ended up being great after all.