95 : Dizzy

95 - Dizzy     

You were at soundcheck right now. Your boyfriend, Riker, was going to be playing at a festival with the rest of the band. 

When they started soundcheck an hour ago, it was pretty nice outside. But now, the sun was starting to get really hot. 

You were hot just sitting in one of the seats in the audience. You can't imagine how hot it feels to be jumping around on stage.

At one point, Rocky took a bottle of water and dumped it all over Ross to be funny. But it probably actually felt really good.

You focus your attention back on Riker. He's starting to look really out of it. And he doesn't have as much energy as he did before. You're beginning to get a bit worried about him.

They finish the song they were running through and Riker interrupts them.

"Guys, I need a break. I really don't feel well," he says, into the microphone.

You get up and start walking towards the stage as Riker slips his bass over his head and sets it on the ground.

Riker sits down on the edge of the stage. You grab his hands and help him jump to the ground. He stumbles towards you as he lands. And you quickly realize he's falling.

You put your hands under his arms and try to gently lower him to the ground. He sits down, leaning back against the stage with his head in his hands.

"Riker, are you alright?" You ask, concerned.

"I feel really sick and dizzy," he mumbles.

You stand up so you can see over the stage.

"Ross! Can you get me some water for Riker!?" You call.

"Sure! One sec!" He says, running backstage.

You look back down at Riker to make sure he's still ok. Or at least as ok as he can be right now.

Ross comes running back over to you with 2 bottles of cold water.

"Thanks."

"No problem. Is he ok?"

"I think he just got too hot."

You sit down on the ground beside Riker again and open one of the bottles of water for him.

"Here," you say, handing it to him.

"Thank you."

He drinks about half of it, but he still seems really dizzy. You put your hand up to his forehead.

"Rik, you're burning up."

You unscrew the cap to the other bottle of water and start slowly pouring it over Riker's head and shoulders.

"Drink some more water."

"Ok..."

He drinks the rest of his water, but he still doesn't look very well.

"Come on. I think we need to get you in the shade. You've been standing in the sun for at least an hour."

You stand up and give him your hands. He takes them and slowly stands up. You can tell he's still dizzy because of how he's walking. You lead him around the back of the stage where it's shady and sit down on the ground again.

"How do you feel now?" You ask.

"Just really hot."

"Let me go get you some more water."

You get up and run backstage to get 2 more bottles of water. And then you go back to Riker. He pulls his shirt over his head and puts it down in the grass. You hand him a second bottle of water to drink.

"Are you any less dizzy?"

"A little."

He starts drinking the second bottle. You open the other bottle and pour it over him like you did before.

You see his mom come walking over from the stage, looking concerned.

"Riker, are you ok?" She asks.

"Yeah. I think I just got too hot," he says, looking up at her.

"Will you be ok to play the concert?"

"Yeah. I just need to stay out of the sun until then. And maybe drink some more water."

"Ok. Make sure to take care of yourself," she says, going back to the stage.

"You sure you're ok to play the show?" You ask.

"Yeah. I'm feeling a lot better now."

"Sure?"

"Yeah. Thanks for taking care of me."

He leans forward and kisses you. 

"Just make sure you stay hydrated so you don't get too hot or dizzy again."

"I will."

He looks up at you with a mischievous smile on his face.

"What?" You ask.

Before you know it, his arms are around you tight.

"Riker! You're all wet!" You say, trying to push him off.

"I thought maybe you needed to cool off too," he says, laughing.

He finally lets go of you, still laughing.

"Come on. You need to finish soundcheck," you say, helping him up.

He pulls you closer to him and kisses you one more time.

"I love you," he says, softly.

"I love you, too."