Chapter 30

On the first day of training we did basic training. Commands like "sit", "come" etc.
On the second day we did challenging basic training. Commands like "roll over", "handshake", "play dead" etc.
On the third day we did potty training and walking on a leash properly.
On the fourth day we started basic seeing eye dog training. That was difficult.
On the fifth day we did challenging seeing eye dog training. Which was even more difficult.
On the sixth day we did walking on a leash as a seeing eye dog. It was hard to learn how to guide somebody who didn't know where to go.
On the seventh (last) day there was evaluation to see if I could be adopted yet. I passed.

Then there was adoption day.
In the morning I had never felt more excited.
It was the day I got my forever home and got to meet Emma.
I decided that I more than deserved a happy ending and there it was.

I was taken to the front where I had entered in a week ago with the old lady and Goldie.
It felt like so long ago when it had just been a week.

"Lay down." Mark said.

I followed the command and looked up at the freckled man.
Since I knew I was going to be adopted I had tried not to bond with Mark but it didn't work, he was too sweet and I would definitely miss him.
I got up when I saw Amber and Goldie come towards us. I missed him so much.
We were both wagging our tails when we greeted each other and although it was a hello I also knew it was a goodbye.
The door opened suddenly and two people walked in. One was a women, one was a girl. They both looked like each other and I could tell they were mother and daughter. The mother looked tired and the girl looked excited, she was smiling brightly.
The mother had green eyes and brown curly hair. The daughter had brown curly hair but I couldn't see her eyes through her sunglasses.
I instantly knew she was Emma.
My owner.

Mark went over to them "Hi, I'm Mark, Chocolate's trainer."

"Hello, I'm Alice, Emma's mother."

"Hi, I'm Emma." Her voice was very soft yet excited.

He took her hand and guided it to my back.

"This is Chocolate." Mark said.

She pet me and the biggest smile I've ever seen appeared on her face.
I looked at Goldie suddenly wondering who would adopt him.

I never found out.

She bent down and put her knees on the floor.
She reached into her pocket and took out a blue collar with some writing on it that I'm assuming is my name.
She felt around my fur until she found my neck. I stood still to make it easier.

And as she put it on I knew that I loved her. The way I loved  John, the floppy eared dog, Goldie, Mark, the kitten and Hazel.

I also knew that this is where I was meant to be the whole time.