Chapter 1

I was sitting in a hot cage in the middle of summer, trying not to touch the hot, boiling bars around me.. This was a hard task because my cage was tiny.
It was an unspoken rule of dogs that purebreds were very lucky and I was a purebred, but the rule had somehow not applied to me because my I had been anything but lucky.
My name is Chocolate. I'm a purebred German Shepard.
When I was little I always dreamed of being a police dog like my dad or a family companion like my mom.
I guess some dogs are luckier than others...

My owners were cruel. The only reason they ever adopted me was that they were using me for robberies.
I hated helping them but if I refused they would abuse me.
I had already been through so much pain already and I didn't want to go through that again.
Even though I knew helping them was wrong.
I had helped with two of their robberies so far and I hated it.
When we weren't robbing some place I'd just sit in my cage.
I never got praised or pet like my breeder used to do...

I remember the day I got adopted: All my brothers and sisters (including me) were super exited. It was finally adoption day. Though I would miss my family and my breeders, they were going to be my past and my future would hold owners that loved me. As the first family came in, my wagging tail was identical to the rest of my siblings'. The kids paraded into the room, smiles plastered on their faces. The room began to fill with three different families but none of them adopted me. Then two men came in, they weren't smiling, they didn't pet us and hug us the way the others did. They just came up to me, put a leash on me and left.

I guess different dogs have different destinies and my destiny ( although I didn't know it yet ) was bitter and sweet...