Chapter 6

Not only did I watch dogs get adopted but I also watched them get euthanized.
After two weeks of being on the adoption site and not getting adopted the women who worked there would take the dog to the back.
In the back there was a room where she euthanized the dogs. Some of them would bark or whine but the end would always be the same: silence.
I didn't wanna go through that but unlike the others I had no chance of escape, of being adopted, there was no way around it.
As I heard foot steps I wondered who was coming in. I couldn't see from the angle of my cage. Then I heard a familiar voice: " Can I see the German Shepherd named Chocolate..?"

The women at the desk looked me up on the adoption site.

"There is no German Shepherd named Chocolate on our adoption site" said the women with a bored tone.

"What?!" said the familiar voice "Can I check in the back?"

"Sorry only workers are allowed in the back." She said.

"I work at the police station." He showed her a card "See? That must count as something?"

At that moment I knew who it was. It was the intern!

"Yeah, whatever go ahead." The secretary said.

I was so happy. I started wagging my tail as he came into the back where I was. I barked to tell him which cage I was in.

"There you are!" He said happily while patting me on the head through the cage's bars.

He called the women over and then said "See this is the German Shepherd I was talking about, this is Chocolate."

The women checked on her computer again. "You must be confused there is no German Shepherd named Chocolate on our adoption site, see."

She pointed at her computer as the intern walked over. He pressed a few buttons and looked very confused. He furrowed his eyebrows, focused on the computer. He looked like he was having a flashback of the meeting, of how the boss wanted to put me down.

He looked at the lady and said: "Can I borrow Chocolate I need to talk to a few people."

"I don't care," said the women "Just have him back by eight o clock."

The intern had a determined and angry look on his face as he grabbed me a collar and a leash and put them on me.
Then he took me out of my cage and into his car...