Chapter 15

After laying there with John, his body cold and pale, Susan grabbed my leash and put it on me.
She wiped her tears away and reapplied her mascara but you could still see that she had cried from the shininess of her eyes.
She started to pull my leash toward the door. At first I struggled to stay, with John but after my attempts failed I started walking with her toward the door.
I smelt in John's scent for probably the last time ever.

We went out the door and she closed it. I didn't know where she was taking me. We walked towards her house and got in her bright red car.
Maybe I was going to live with her and we were going to buy dog food or something...
I don't know whether that's good or bad.
It was hard to think straight when John's death was hitting me in the face.
Even if Susan adopted me nobody would ever be as good as John. He had actually saved my life and treated me so well. It was obvious I loved him but he had loved me too!
But maybe I should give Susan a chance.
She had tried to help John, she was probably nice. I could learn to love her and maybe she'd learn to love me too.

Before I could finish my thoughts Susan stopped the car.

When I saw where we were every thought was silent except for the one pleading to get out of there.