Chapter 2

"Robert, Robert!" James (one of my owners) yelled. "Check this out, you know the national bank down the street?"

"Yeah?" Robert (my other owner) replied.

"I over heard that there security system is broken and they can't fix it until next week! So the only security there will be cameras and we can easily disable them!"

"James, you are a genius! We'll rob them in five days."

They start working out the details but I'm to busy shivering with fear to hear them.
I try to focus on something else.
I look around and see movement in a bush. I wonder what it is but I couldn't get any closer because the bars of my cage were still boiling...
Then a small, white, brown and black kitten emerges from the bush. I bark at it but when a mom cat doesn't come out of the bush and hiss at me I stop. I was surprised. Probably her mom was finding food or something.

***

Two days later the kittens mom still didn't come back. The kitten was scared and lonely and she kept whining and meowing... The kitten was probably starving so she decided to look for her mother.
She didn't go very far but her small frame did go through the bars of my cage.
She brushed up against me and meowed for milk. She probably thought I was her mom.

I pushed her lightly trying to let her know that I wasn't her mom.
When she didn't understand I picked her up from her scruff and put her outside my cage but that just convinced her more.
She came and snuggled next to me then fell asleep. I didn't mind, so I let her stay.
When I got up the kitten was whining and meowing for milk. She must have been doing that all night. I looked around but obviously couldn't find any milk...
Then James angrily came out and took out the trash. I wondered why he was angry. I decided to ignore it.
Then I realized he had also thrown out a milk carton.
I pawed at the trashcan through the bars of my cage until it fell over. I grabbed the carton with my mouth and saw if there was anything in it. There was a couple drops of milk so I gave it to the kitten.
The kitten drank it but kept on whining and meowing, still starving.