Chapter 10

I woke up early in the morning because I was used to it. I realized the sun was still rising.
I looked at John, he was still sleeping. He was snoring but not the annoying, loud kind, it was actually calm and very quiet.
I licked his face to wake him up. I thought it was really fun but he didn't think so.

"Chocolate, it's six am, why are you waking me-" I cut his sentence while trying to lick inside his mouth.

He started laughing(with his mouth closed).
He got up and filled my bowl of food. The food tasted delicious. While I ate John made food for himself.

"It's nice to have someone in the house but it's not nice to wake up at six am." he let out a small chuckle.

He was talking more to himself then to me.

"Don't feel bad Chocolate I was going to wake up at six fifty anyway."

This time he was talking to me.
I barked. After he ate he gave me the left over of his scrambled eggs which was even more delicious than kibble.
About forty minutes later as much as I was dreading it John went to work.
I was alone but I wasn't going to complain. I was thankful for every minute of my new life. I had a house, a great owner and much more.
I played with my toys and ran around the house. Time past slowly and sometimes I would just sit by the door waiting.

Finally John came home and immediately put my leash on,we were going on a walk and although I didn't know it yet this would be the most important walk of my life...

The walk started out normal. The breeze running through my fur, the rhythmic sound of walking, the laughter and talking of others...
We walked to a pretty part of the city where it wasn't too crowded. There were a lot of trees but also buildings. John and I were walking across the street when a strong familiar smell hit me.
At first I didn't know what it was but I followed it. As we got closer to the buildings and farther from the trees I realized what the smell was; it was my old owners, the thieves!
I started running towards the smell, hurting my neck as I pulled the collar too hard.

"Calm down boy." John said.

He followed me wondering what I smelled.
I came towards a huge white building, it was a bank.
They must have been robbing it. I pulled towards the bank with all my strength, desperate to get in.

"Sorry Chocolate, you can't go in-" I cut John's sentence as I pulled so hard on the leash that he dropped it.

I ran in. The robbers weren't in sight. The people working at the bank started trying to get me out and John ran in to get me. I dodged them all and ran in.
I followed the scent to where the money was and sure enough they were there.

They remembered me and got confused; "Chocolate?"

All the memories came flooding back; how they had abused me, killed that cat, underfed me, left me at that bank...
I quickly grabbed hold of one of their legs and started growling, I wasn't going to let them leave till the police arrived.
While I held James' leg Robert tried to help him but I wouldn't budge.

Then John and some bank workers ran in. They saw me and the thieves. Since John worked at the police station he grabbed some handcuffs out of his pocket and put them on my old owners.
I let go of the leg seeing that John would take it from here.
I had definitely left a mark on James.

"Don't worry I work at the police station!" John said holding the thieves with one hand and pulling out a badge with the other.

"But this says that your an intern." One of the bank workers pointed out.

"But I still work there!" John said, annoyed.

As  John, the thieves and I walked back to John's house and into his car I was satisfied. I had finally gotten my revenge...