21

I couldn't wait to leave for California tomorrow.

The sunshine, palm trees, and beaches were calling my name. Plus, I couldn't wait to be with all of my friends for our last high school spring break.

I dropped all of the shopping bags and packages on the floor and walked through the bathroom to Cole's room. It was pitch black, but I could see him under the covers.

"Hi, I'm back from shopping." I spoke lowly. "Did you finish packing?"

"Hi, baby." he responded. "No, I didn't."

My heart fluttered every time that he called me baby.

Over the past few weeks, Cole and I were completely and utterly infatuated with each other. We went on a lot of adventures and dates with each other and I always enjoyed his company.

Yeah, we were young, but I felt like he was my soulmate.

Nobody else in this world could understand me in the way that Cole Fitzgerald did. He knew my mannerisms, quirks, and a lot of secrets that I wanted to take to the grave.

I looked around his room. "Why are you laying in the dark at two o'clock in the afternoon?"

"My head hurts, and we don't have any medicine that won't fuck with my heart." he mumbled. "So I can't really do anything about it."

I sat down on the edge of his bed. "Did you eat?"

"I promise that I did." his eyes meant mine. "It's probably from stress, you know with college and everything."

"I can hold you until you fall asleep." I offered as I kicked off my shoes since I knew that we would say yes.

Cole scooted over to make room for me since he always slept in the middle of his bed and not one particular side.

"Big spoon or little spoon?" I asked him.

"Big." he decided as he wrapped his arms around me. "I feel better already."

I smiled. "Good."

"I know that you're worried about school and everything, but I know you're going to great things." I assured him.

"Thank you." he kissed my neck. "That's comforting. I'm just worried that I'm not going to get into the law program when the time comes."

"You will." I reassured him. "You're so smart and hardworking."

"I can't wait to spend a week on the beach with you." Cole spoke into my ear. "Of course, we're gonna have to sneak around the chaperones."

Annie and Mrs. Fitzgerald were the chaperones for us girls while Mr. Fitzgerald and their family friend, Jack Clayton, were the chaperones for the guys.

"I think we can make that work. As I said, you're very smart." I said to him.

Cole slid his hand up my sweatshirt and I could feel his hand on my stomach, right above the waistband of my sweatpants.

I knew what he was trying to do and what he wanted.

He was the one who found me the night after the party and ever since then I found it hard to get close to men. But I trusted him.

I purposely pushed my butt onto him while attempting to cuddle closer.

"Your parents won't be home for another hour." I whispered to him.

I turned to face Cole and traced his jawline.

"I don't want to do anything that makes you uncomfortable." Cole put his hand on top of mine. "I want to be mindful of everything that you've been through."