30

Even though the past few weeks (or years really) had been a whirlwind, moving back to California was the best decision that I've made in a long time.

I missed the sunshine that was in the sky and the one that fell asleep next to me every night.

Jaidyn and I got close again since we were in the same city again. We never lost contact, even when I was in London. She was always one of my closest friends, and I knew that I could always count on her.

We signed our lease and we were moving into our apartment the first week of August. Ironically, it was the same apartment building as Cole. We didn't even plan on it, things just worked out that way.

On top of the new apartment, I got a new car.

Well, it wasn't new, but it was a certified pre-owned BMW X3 that Sammy managed to find for me. I called him my personal accountant.

He helped me set up a checking and a savings account, helped me invest in companies so I would never be financially stranded, and he was just a really good friend to me.

The Fitzgeralds were always my second family, but they really became my family in the past few weeks. They always invited me over for dinner, I spent a week in Oahu with them, and they were the people that I spent my twentieth birthday with.

Don't get me wrong, my parents, sisters, and I weren't on bad terms by any means, but they were just so far and busy.

We still talked a lot, but things changed a lot after I left.

Especially my relationship with my grandfather. I was pretty sure that he hated my guts. I didn't care much, he was old anyway.

Life went on.

I didn't have the time or energy to worry about the past.

One of my new favorite feelings was when it was late at night and Cole would put his hands on my waist to pull me closer to him.

I loved being held by him and being close to him.

Cole made me feel safe.

He also made me want to be a better person.

He did well in summer school, he had a solid circle of friends, and he was the next boyfriend in existence.

I wonder if he knew how much he meant to me or how much he inspired me.

The bed felt empty and sunlight was pouring into Cole's room

There were brown boxes everywhere since I was moving into my apartment tomorrow and all my stuff from London finally made its way to the United States.

"Can I get a table for two tonight at eight?" Cole spoke.

My eyes were barely open, but I could tell that he was sitting on the edge of the bed. I loved staring at those back muscles, but where was this man trying to take me?

"For Nathaniel Fitzgerald." he stated and then he said his last number.

It was always weird to hear him say his first name, but I loved it.

"Thank you." he ended the phone call.

I stretched out in the bed and placed my hand on his face. "Good morning."

Cole turned around to face me with this big hazel eyes. "Good morning, sleeping beauty."

"Dinner reservations?" I questioned him.

He laid down on his stomach and wrapped his arms around me. "Yes. I am your boyfriend, partner, lover, whatever you wanna call me."

"You are." I kissed his forehead and rubbed his back.