25

Even though the media followed me around like crazy, I was still having a pretty good time in London. Theo introduced me to more Oxford people, we went to bars and took late-night drives. We just had a good time. 

On top of that, Theo and my mom helped me plan the fundraising event for the children's hospital.

It was going to be on Saturday with inflatables, games and lots of fair food. We were going to invite children who were healthy enough to come and send goodie bags to those who couldn't come.

I couldn't wait for the event.

"It's looking good." I said to my mom as we looked at the workers putting up the decor. "I hope everything will go well tomorrow."

"I'm positive it will." she assured me. "I know that your dad is in Morocco, but he's so proud of you."

I nodded my head. "I know. He said that I reminded him a lot of his mom. Is. he going to be back for the event?"

"He doesn't know yet, but he promised that he wouldn't miss your birthday for sure." my mom assured me.

Well, that sucks.

I really wanted him there.

"I'm gonna go take a bath or something." I sighed.

"I'm sure that's going to make you feel better." she patted my back

"Do you want to cycle later?" I asked her.

She shrugged. "Angel wants to bake a cake, so we'll see."

"I'll consider that an early birthday gift." I joked before I walked off.

The only thing bad about living in the palace was how big it was. It took you damn near ten minutes to get from the garden to my bedroom.

"Is this one of those fancy mattresses that adjust?" the person laying on my bed asked me.

My jaw dropped. "You're joking."

Cole sat up. "Hi, baby."

I jumped on the bed and wrapped my arms around him. "Hi, baby!"

"I can't believe that I'm holding you right now." I held him tighter. "I missed you so fucking much."

"Pottymouth princesses." he chuckled in my ear.

I pulled out of the hug and looked at him. "Can I kiss you?"

"Absolutely." Cole agreed.

He put his lips on mine and stroked my cheek. "I missed you, Bean."

"How did you get in here?" I asked him.

"Your mom." he kept his eyes on me.

There was so much to unpack.

He told me that he couldn't come to Londono anymore because of a conflict with his internship (which he was really enjoying).

"We've been planning this surprise for two weeks. She told me that you were super excited about your event and I wanted to be here for it. Not to mention your birthday!" he spoke excitedly.

I couldn't stop smiling.

My cheeks hurt.

"There was no scheduling conflict?" I asked Cole.

He shook his head. "No. I just wanted to surprise you."

"How long are you going to be here?" I wondered.

"Just until Tuesday, but I guess that's better than nothing." he answered my question.

I sat up in bed. "It definitely is. Can I give you a tour?"