11

The spring dance concert was an event that I always looked forward to in school. I loved dancing, expressing myself, and this year I had a solo as an upperclassman.

Of course, I was upset that my parents couldn't be here physically but FaceTime worked just as well. It actually meant more to me because it was well after midnight in London. 

They didn't know how much I was going through.

I really tried to push everything to the back of my mind and act like it didn't happen but I quickly realized how healthy that was.

So for the next few weeks, I really focused on myself. I got into meditation, journaling, and yoga. All of which were healthy methods for me to release my thoughts and emotions.

I couldn't change my past but I could make my future better. 

Even when times seemed dark I knew that there were better days ahead. 

June was so close and that meant that I could finally see my family after months. 

"Hey B." Cole walked into my room. "Not going out tonight?"

"Nah." I shook my head. "I still need some time to heal plus I was going to have a movie night with myself. Are you going out?"

Cole stood in the doorway. "Yeah. Zack and Roberto wanted me to go to some party with them in SoHo."

"That's where my friends are going." I added. "Have fun for me."

He kicked off his shoes and laid down on my bed. "Nah, I'll watch one movie with you. It's only five and an hour or two won't hurt." 

"Really?" I looked at him.

He nodded his head. "I just figured that since Sammy is gone and you aren't going out that you might want a little company."

"About that, you didn't want to go tour UPenn and Carnegie Mellon?" I asked Cole.

"Nah." he denied. "I'm kinda over the east coast and I figured since Sammy wants to go into the same field as my dad it would be good for them to have a bonding weekend."

I gave him a small smile. "Well that's sweet."

"Mhmm, what are we watching?" Cole asked me.

I turned my gaze from him to the TV. "I was thinking Just Go With It. It's cheesy and kinda bad but it's so bad that it's so good."

Cole chuckled. "Ok."

"I've been thinking about you a lot lately." Cole's voice began.

That sent chills all over my body.

We'd been talking a lot lately after everything but this was different.

"You're just very strong and resilient." he went on. "Not to mention beautiful but you already knew that."

I looked over at him with the biggest smile on my face. "You're not too bad yourself."

"Not too bad?" he gasped. "You take that back!"

"Nope." I shook my head. "I gotta keep you on your toes."

"Take it back!" Cole demanded as he started tickling me.

He knew that I was ticklish hell so he knew exactly what he was doing.

"Stop!" tears ran down my cheeks from laughing so hard. "You're by far the most handsome person in our grade. Happy?"

Cole smiled. "Yes."

He moved his hands away and turned his attention back to the TV. 

Cole was so incredibly handsome.