29

Aiyla's POV

I sat and looked at myself in the mirror.

For the first time in a while, I was honest with myself. I knew what I wanted and I had to stop lying to myself.

It was five in the morning so I guess it was technically Monday now. I hadn't slept at all and I couldn't until I got this off my chest.

My parents had a work trip so they had to be up within an hour.

I crept out of my bedroom,  made myself some tea, and at on the balcony.

Waas this what I really wanted? Once I pulled the trigger, I couldn't go back.

I thought about it as I watched the sunrise.

Yes, this is what I wanted.

"Why are you up so early?" Theo questioned me.

His voice was all groggy and I was pretty sure that I woke him up.

"Can you come over in an hour or so?" I asked him.

He was quiet for a moment. "You don't want this anymore. Is that it?"

I sighed. "I didn't really want to say it over the phone."

"Is it because of him?" Theo spat out.

I knew who he was referring to.

"He's a small part. of it all. I don't want to live like this anymore, I miss the sunshine, and I don't want to be a wife. Are you sure you don't want to have this conversation in person?" I stood up from the chair.

"I don't." Theo denied. "I get it. I think that we're in two different places in life and if this is what takes for you to be happy then so be it."

I nodded my head slowly. "I'm not just leaving you, Theo. I'm leaving everything. I'd appreciate it if you kept it a secret for now. You're the first person that I've told."

"I will and that's a promise." he assured me. "Well, call f you ever need anything. I'm always here."

"Thank you." I sighed. 

"Goodbye and I wish you well." Theo hung up the phone before I could say anything.

I felt terrible about it.

But t. needed to be done.

I walked inside and towards my parents' room.

"Come in." my mom's voice responded. 

I opened the door and they were both getting dressed for the day. My mom had on a nice yellow dress and my dad had on a suit.

"I need to talk to you guys." I closed the door.

All three of us sat down on the couch that was in their room. 

"What's going on?" my dad asked me.

"I've decided to not get engaged, but I've also decided to leave." I broke the news. "Officially."