32

"How do I look?" Cole asked me as I adjusted his tie.

Cole looked so dapper in his navy suit with the burgundy Gucci tie my dad got him for Christmas. Today he had an interview with USC law school and he was nervous as hell.

The past few months had been really pleasant for us.

I loved going to USC. I made new friends, I joined organizations, and my grades were good. Plus living with Jaidyn was everything that we as twelve-year-old dreamed about. We worked out together, cooked now and then, and watched lots of trashy TV.

I loved exploring Los Angeles because no matter how long you lived in LA, you still hadn't seen everything.

As for Cole, he'd been working his ass off with his law school application and today was the final step. Well, he had to wait until April to find out if he got in.

Overall, life was exactly what eighteen-year-old me wanted.

I loved my college, boyfriend, and just life in general.

We spent winter break in New York with both of our families and everyone was coming to California in April for Annie's wedding and in May for Cole's graduation.

Life was good.

"You look like a lawyer who graduated from USC." I smiled at him.

"Plus your interview is on the day of love, it's going to go well," I assured him.

He kissed my forehead. "I can't wait for dinner tonight."

I walked him to his car since I had to go to a nail appointment.

"Good luck, call me when it's over." I had my hand on his cheeks. "I love you."

"I love you more and thank you." he gave me a quick kiss before we got into our own cars and went our separate ways.

I got my nails a light pink color which was perfect for Valentine's Day. I picked up a card for Cole and some of his favorite things. These things included chocolate-covered strawberries, pre-workout, sour cream and onion Pringles, and loungewear.

We never went too all out for Valentine's Day since we were ballin' on a budget at the end of the day. Being around him was enough.

My phone began to buzz as I lounged on my bed.

"How'd it go?" I answered.

He was smiling ear to ear. "Really well."

"See I told you! What did they ask you?" I wondered.

"At first it was personal questions like 'tell me about yourself or 'what was your favorite subject growing up.' Then they asked me why I wanted to be a lawyer, future goals, things like that." he responded. "The guy was cool."

"But I didn't tell him to call me Cole, so he would say Nathaniel and I would zone out and forget that's me." Cole went on.

I chuckled. "You're funny."

"I have to run a few errands, but I'll see you in a bit. I can't wait to eat dinner and watch the sunset on the beach." Cole put his seatbelt on.

"Oh, Bean, thank you so much for staying up with me and asking me questions. It really helped, and I'll appreciate you more than you'll ever know. I love you, my girl. I'm not just saying this because it's Valentine's Day and I'm trying to get some. You are just so fucking amazing, and I love you to death." he expressed

My heart melted.

I couldn't believe that he was real.

"Stop you're gonna make me cry." I beamed. "Now get off the phone, you know I hate it when you're on it while you drive. I love you."