9

I closed my locker only to be greeted by a smiling face.

"God, you scared me." I jumped as I saw Devon.

He grinned. "Sorry. What are we doing on Saturday?"

"We?" I questioned him.

Devon nodded his head. "We. You and me. Do you have plans?"

I pressed my lips together as I looked at him.

Don't get me wrong, I loved his energy and how upfront he was. I just couldn't get all of those moments that Cole and I had out of my head. He spoke with such elegance and truth and he was always there when I needed someone to talk to.

He just felt like my person and I didn't know if I could ever look at another person the way that I looked at Cole.

"I actually do." I rejected his offer.

In all seriousness, I was babysitting Stella with Sammy.

"Dammit." he sighed.

"Babysitting duties call." I began to walk to my art class. "Maybe another time."

He nodded his head. "Gotcha. I gotta admit that I'm jealous of the kid that gets to spend time with you."

I let out a small laugh.

Well, he was something else.

I spent Friday night to binge watch TV shows and sleep. It was weird having the bathroom all to myself since Cole was at a baseball retreat in upstate New York. The Fitzgerald's were going to a big charity gala so Sammy and I decided to babysit Stella together.

We ordered pizza, did face mask, watched almost an entire season of Wizards of Waverly Place. I had to say that we had a pretty good night.

"I forgot how good this show was." I commented.

Stella fell asleep on Sammy but it was a little after midnight.

"I know." he agreed with me. "Missing your boyfriend so much that you didn't wanna go out?"

I turned my head to him. "My boyfriend? You could've went out with Quinn or Jacob or someone."

Sammy shook his head. "I need to recharge this weekend."

"Same." I agreed with him. "That's why we're best friends."

"Precisely." he gave me a smile. "So back to the boyfriend thing. Tell me how you feel about Cole. Seriously."

I shook my head as I looked up at the ceiling. "He's good at listening and making me feel comforted. Do you know how I can read people well?"

"Yeah." Sammy responded.

"Well, It's also because I've known him for a long time." I went on. "I value Cole and I think he's great. But he's hot and cold. One day he's all over me and the next he talks to me like we're eight again."

"Plus I don't want things to be awkward. Since I'm living here." I explained to Sammy. "If things are really meant to be then the timing will be just fine in the long run."

Sammy nodded his head slowly as he looked at me. "Right person, wrong time?"

I shrugged. "I don't know if he's the right person. We're only sixteen."

"That's true." Sammy agreed with me. "You've always been wise."

"I know that you've been avoiding Devon for Cole but maybe you should go after him to give Cole some edge." Sammy advised. "The boy doesn't know a good thing until it's gone."