Chapter 23

Y/N POV

The bed, that the room of requirement had produced for me, felt like heaven. I groaned as I woke up, feeling a pounding headache. Why did I get hangovers so easily? I rolled to the side and looked at a clock hanging on the wall. 11:06am. I had needed the sleep. I slowly sat on the edge of the bed and looked around the room. As soon as I spotted the ball gown on the floor, memories came flooding back.

Us playing 'Truth, Dare or Drink'. Dean confessing he had a crush on a boy. Us drinking. Me renewing the concealment spell. Me on top of the astronomy tower. George and I kissing. Me walking away. Me crying and drinking in the empy common room. Fred and Angelina sleeping in my dorm.

The headache intesified. Why on earth did George kiss me last night? Probably because he was drunk. Yeah, why else would he. But 'In vino veritas' or something. Even if he liked me, he didn't deserve me. He deserved someone better. A girl who didn't lie about her wherabouts every month. A girl who didn't turn into a monster every month. He deserved someone better than me.

I got up slowly and looked at myself in a mirror. I was only wearing my underwear in which I had slept. The litte make-up that I had put on was smeared across my face. Hopefully nobody would see me on my way to the dorms. I dearly needed a shower. As if the room had heard my thought a door appeared next to me. I curiously openend it, to find a short corridor leading to the prefects bathroom. Merlin, that was exactly what I needed.

The hot water felt burning at first, but as soon as I was in completely, I relaxed into it. I submerged my head and rubbed my face under water, hoping to get rid of the mascara. That only made it worse. I grabbed my wand, pointed it at my face and muttered a cleaning spell. Looking at my reflection, I watched as the make-up vanished.

I took a long bath, so long I would have to hurry if I didn't want to miss lunch. Wrapped in a towel I returned to the room of requirement. I realized that I had nothing to wear, seeing as I didn't fancy wearing the sweaty dress again. Just likt that the room did me another favor. To my left a stool plopped into existance. On it laid a set of clothes. I went to inspect them and found that it was a full Gryffindor school uniform, completed with tie and shoes. I slipped out of the towel, threw it on the bed and put on the uniform. It fit me perfectly. Of course it did. I decided, that I could get my stuff later and left for lunch.

The long house tables in the great hall hadn't reappeared. Instead the many smaller ones were still there. I stood in the entrance looking around, trying to find any of my friends. No luck with the Gryffindors. I did find Luna though and decided to sit with her. "Is this seat taken?", I asked as I reached her. The two other Ravenclaws sitting there looked at me suspiciously, but Luna just replied with "No, please join us." I sat down and put some food on my plate.

It turned out that Lunas housemates were actually pretty funny. Chester and Aaron were their names. "Hey, you're Ravenclaws, so you're smart. You know a cure for hangovers?", I asked jokingly, massaging my temples. To my surprise they did. Both of them pulled out two viles each, filled with a faitly pink liquid. "Hangover potions. Worked wonders for me and Aaron here", Chester explained amused as he noticed my curious glances. "You can have all four of them, for 10 Galleons", Aaron said. He didn't have to tell me twice.

I pulled out the money and bought the potions. The headache had become so bad, I opened one of the viles as soon as they were in my hand and downed it. The potion smelled and tasted like nothing. Chester hadn't lied. After a moment, the headache and faint nausea vanished. I was still tired, but that I could deal with. I thanked both of the boys and we continued gossiping about Snape and McGonagall.

"I'll get going. Need to see that my friends didn't die of alcohol poisoning. And merry christmas to all of you!", I said as I got up. "Merry christmas, Y/N", the Ravenclaws answered and I smiled as I left.

George wasn't in the common room, which I was glad about. I didn't have the energy to talk to him after what had happened yesterday. I made my way up the stairs and to my dorm. I found Fred and Angelina in her bed. They were both topless. Really? Didn't George explicitly say to not do anything dirty? That was probably exactly why they did it. Oh well, at least not in my bed.

I decided that they didn't deserve to be woken up the nice way. Instead I went to the bathroom, got two glasses of water and proceeded to pour them on the couples heads. They jerked up and I had to duck under Angelinas hand. "Good moring lovebirds", I chimed grinning. Fred rubbed his eyes and Angelina shot me a glare. "What time is it?", he groaned. I checked and answered "1:48. You missed lunch."

"Ah fuck, my head is killing me", Angelina complained. I tossed her two of the vials. They landed on the blanket and Fred took them to inspect the contents. "What is that?", he asked. "Hangover potion. Got if off of some Ravenclaws", I explained. He nodded and passed one on to his girlfriend. The both drank the potions. "Brilliant", Angelina said as she felt the potions effect. I laughed and walked to my trunk.

I pulled out two christmas presents and handed it to them. "Merry christmas guys. Before you open them though, please clean yourselves up and get dresses", I pleaded. They laughed and nodded. I turned around to grab the presents for my parents. I found the bundle and gave it to my owl. "Merry christmas, Moon. Deliver this to mum and dad, will you?" I pet the animal and opened the window. He looked at me and left.

Quickly taking Georges present with me I left the room to give Fred and Angelina a bit of privacy. I noticed Dean and Seamus in the common room. They were sleeping on one of the sofas, looking like a couple. I grinned as I noticed a hickey on Seamus' neck. He looked like he had fun. George was nowhere in sight. I sighed. It meant I had to go to his dorm. I climed the stairs to the boys dorms and looked for his room.

Knocking on the door I contemplated if this was a good idea. He called me in and I entered. He sat on his bed and looked like he had just run a marathon. "Good morning. How are you?", I asked, my face expressionless. "Hungover", he answered. His morning voice was raspy and deep. It sounded kind of sexy. This'll help you", I said and threw him the remaining vile. He eyed it and asked "Where did you get hangover potion?" "I had lunch with a couple Ravenclaws", I explained. The silence that followed was awkward.

"Anyways, merry christmas!", I said and gave him his present. He quickly drank the potion and took the present smiling. Ripping the wrapping off, he inspected the belt. His smile got a bit wider when he noticed that the engravings were moving. He looked at me. "Thank you", he said sincerely. "I'll give you your present when the other two are awake." I nodded. I was glad he liked mine. There was another moment of awkward silence.

"Did you see Seamus and Dean in the common room?", I asked. He laughed. "I saw them yesterday, snogging in the hallway", he told me. "Yeah, that makes sense. Seamus got a couple nasty hickeys. Seems like they had fun", I said amused. A third moment of silence settled in. I didn't know what else to talk about, so I just said "I'll let you clean yourslef up. Bye!" and left without waiting for a response.