Chapter 14

After the dancing lesson had ended, I purposfully took my time to get my things. I wanted to talk to McGonagall about Sirius Black. When everyone else was gone I approached the witch. "Professor? Could I talk to you for a moment please?", I asked shyly. "Of course miss Y/L/N. How can I help you?", she greeted me. "I'd like to talk to you about Sirius Black.", I said.

She looked at me with a mix of confusion and curiosity. "Sirius Black?", she repeated. "Yes Sirius Black. You see during full moon in September I saw him in Hogsmead, but at that time I thought I had imagined things or didn't see right. So I didn't say anything", I started to explain. "But last full moon I saw him again. I'm sure it was him this time. I'm sorry that I didn't come see you earlier." She frowned at me and asked "Are you absolutely sure it was Sirius Black, the one that broke out of Azkaban?" "Yes ma'am. 100%", I retorted confidently. Her expression became alarmed. But before she could say anything, the door was slammed open and a terrified Marcus Cornfield came running in. "Professor! Professor! The portrait of the Fat Lady was ripped to shredds and she claims it was Sirius Black!"

I inspected the sleeping bag given to me by Filch. It was a bit small but other than that pretty standard. Dumbledore had ordered everyone to spend the night in the great hall after Black attacked the fat lady. All the ghosts and teachers were currently running around the castle seaching for him. They all returned with empty hands. He was gone. I put down the sleeping bag and got in. Malfoys whining about the sleeping situation not meeting his standards annoyed the shit out of me. Merline he couldn't just shut up once, could he? The chatter from the other students didn't last as long as I had expected it to. I was glad.

That night I had the first nightmare in a month. It started with me standing in fron of Malfoy Manor. I had seen in the Daily Prophet a few times. The door opened and Malfoy came out. He began shouting at me "You should be killed. You are a half-blood. You don't deserve to be alive. You're a monster, a werewolve. You should be locked away in Azkaban." His voice was raspy and distorted. I felt stinging pain in my neck. I turned around to see the deatheater who turned me so many years ago. She licked blood off of her lips with an evil grin. My blood. I collapsed onto the floor.

The scene changed. I was in the Shrieking Shack. George was laying on the floor and Angelina and Fred were chained up on the wall. Their faces didn't show a singe emotion. A werewolve emerges from the shadows. It leaned over George and digges its teeth into his shoulder. I wanted to scream and run to them but I couldn't. I had to helplessly watch as it stood up leaving George unconcious and bleeding on the floor. It looked at me and transformed into Remus Lupin. Suddenly Sirius Black appeared next to him. Both of them looked me straight in the eyes when they started to laugh. Angelina and Fred began laughing too. My vision turned black. I could only hear their emotionless laughter.

Someone shook my body, causing me to wake up. I was dreched in sweat and my body was still shaking. Angelina removed her hands from my shoulder and looked at me concerned. "Y/N are you ok?", she asked gently. I tried to slow down my rapid breathing and heartbeat. I noddod breathlessly. "Yeah just a bad nightmare" She nodded understandingly. In that moment Snape entered the great hall. He muttered a charm and held his wand to his throat. "Students! You may return to your dormitories. The head of your house will inform you about new rules." His wand acted as a megaphone so everyone could hear him.

"When do you think the Fat Lady will be back?", Fred asked as I sat down between him hand his twin in the common room. The entrance hole to the Gryffindor common room was currently guarded by some other painting from the second floor. "I dunno. How long does is usually take to repair a magical painting?", I retort. Both of them and Angelina just shrugged. "How do you think Black got into the school?", Angelina asked. "I have absolutely no idea, Angie", I answered truthfully. She groaned at the use of her nickname. "Angie?", George questioned amused. Before I could explain, McGonagall entered the room. Everyone went instantly silent.

"As you know of course Sirius Black found a way into the castle. So for everyones safety the following new rules will come into effect immediately", she said and flicker her wand. A roll of parchment appeared and hovered in the air before her. "First", she read "Curfew will now be from 6pm to 7am instead of 9pm to 7am." The students groaned. They weren't too happy with stricter the curfew. "Second: Teachers will coma and get you from the common room or your previous lesson and escort you to the classroom", she continued. "And lastly: All Hogsmead visits have been canceled for now." I could hear everyone groan louder than before. Shit. I didn't have any christmas presents and didn't get to go to Hogsmead?

After the head of Gryffindor had left everyone had dispersed. Most of the Gryffindors went to their dorms. A few students including me and the twins stayed in the common room. "No Hogsmead visits? Shit. And where does she think I should by christmas presents now?", I complained. The twins shared a look. "We can help you with that", they said in unison.