Chapter 13

The time until the start of december was anything but exciting. The Ravenclaws I caught out of bed once had tried to sneak into the kitchen again the next week. I had caught them again. "Are you going to try that every week?", I had asked. By their guilty looks I had known that I had hit the nail on the head. "Look, I'll allow it but you'll have to take something for me too every week ok? And if I hear that you told anyone else about our deal, it's off and you'll regret it, do you hear me?", I had warned. From that night on I enjoyed food in the dungeons while taking house points from Slytherins every thurday night.

"Are you coming or what? I don't wanna be late for DADA?", Fred yelled through the common room. I hexed my bag small and hurried towards him. George and Angelina had left earlier. "Yeah yeah. I just hope Lupin is back.", I said as we left. "Yeah, having Snape in two subject is definetly too much", he agreed. Since last full moon Lupin had not been able to teach. Something about not feeling well. Everyone was wildly speculating why he wasn't there. Of course I knew exactly what was up.

I hadn't gone to the Shrieking Shack during my time as a wolf again so I didn't see him. I was too scared he would try to kill me again. But I did see the dog man transforming to and from being an animal. I was right it had been Sirius Black. We had Transfiguration after DADA so I decided to talk to McGonagall.

"Did you hear the rumours about a ball? Someone said some students from Durmstrang and Beaxbaton are coming to Hogwarts.", I said as we walked through the hallways. "Yeah I heard about that. It's supposed to be on christmas eve. So..." Fred thought for a moment "exactly four weeks from now on." "Oh shit four weeks? Do we have another Hogsmead visit until then? I need to buy presents!", I worried. Fred laughed as he opened the door to the classroom. "Yeah we have one in a week" "Ok good", I said relieved and sat at our desk in the back. Just then Lupin walked through the door. He looked exhausted and sickly. But it wasn't Snape so that was that.

"That'll be it for today. No homework. You're dismissed.", Luipn announced. "Oh and miss Y/L/N? Please stay behind I would like to have a word in private.", he added. Angelina shot me a confused look which I could only return. Why did he want to talk to me? My DADA grade was ok. I packed up my things and waited until everyone had cleared out. "Sir what did you want to talk about?", I asked the teacher as I approached his desk. "Y/N... I think you know why I wasn't able to teach the last couple lesson, don't you?", he questioned. "Yes I know about... our shared problem.", I answered slowly.

"I never got to apologise for almost killing you in September. I am deeply sorry for that. I hadn't known that we'd get Wolfsbane potion at that time. I wasn't in control of myself.", he explained. I nodded "Yeah I figured. It's not your fault. If anyone I know that best.", I stated. It was his turn to nod.

Lupin opened one of the desks drawer and pulled out two bars of chocholate. "Take this as part of my apology. I have more than enough.", he said smiling. I took it smiling as well and put into my bag which I sat down on the desk. The professor watched as I hexed it pocket-sized and put it away. "Neat little trick. Did professor Flitwick teach you that?", Lupin asked seemingly impressed. I blushed and said "No I have it from my dad." He noddod.

"Did you start taking the Wolfsbane potion now? You were really agressive and scary then", I said. My eyes widened and I clapped my hand over my mouth. I didn't mean to say that last sentence out loud. "I'm sorry", I quickly apologised. The teacher just chuckled. "It's ok. And yes I drink it every month since September.", he calmed me then thought for a moment. "You are welcome to join me in the Shrieking Shack. Seeing as you are one of my best students you are obviously invested in the subject. We could explore the forbidden forest and I could show you some creatures." A smile spread across my face. "That would be amazing Sir. But I have to go. I'll be late for Transfiguration otherwise. Goodbye!", I said and hurried out of the room.

It turned out that the rumous about a christmas ball were true. There was gonna be a 'Yule Ball' on December 24th. The Transfiguration lesson was therefore dedicated to learning how to dance. McGonagall had gathered all of the Gryffindors in the great hall, girls sitting to the right, boys to the left. Granger and me laughed at Ron who was forced to dance with the professor herself. Hermione and I had started to talk after the Malfoy incident. I mostly helped her with homework, not that she needed help, or she asked me stuff about the thing that you'd learn in fifth year.

McGonagall eventually paired everyone up to practise with each other. I got to dance with Cornfield as he was the other prefect. Luckily he knew how to dance and how to lead me. I still stepped on his feet every now and then but it wasn't too bad. I caught myself being jealous of Katie Bell. The quidditch player was paired up with George. They were having a discussion when he looked at me worried. When he noticed that I watching him he blushed and looked away. Were they talking about me?

I wanted to dance with George. I played with the idea of asking him to go to the ball with me. But I quickly pushed that thought aside. The boys were supposed to ask the girl. If I asked him it would seem desperate. I would just have to hope that he asked me.