Chapter Three

My head hurt as I closed the door to the prefect compartment after the meeting had concluded. I made my way back to Angelina and Luna. Percy and the new head girl, a Ravenclaw named Penelope Clearwater, had introduced us to the responsibilities, tasks and privileges of being a prefect. That wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't for Clearwaters shrill voice. I had already been in a bad mood because full moon was just 13 days away and her voice plus Percy getting annoyed really quickly didn't help the situation at all.

I sighed as I pulled open the door to my compartment, only to stop in my tracks. I had expected two people to look at me, but instead there were 4 pairs of eyes on me. For whatever reason, Fred and George Weasley had decided to grace us with their presence. I knew them briefly, they always borrowed my notes as they were too buys planning their next prank in class. "What are Hogwarts biggest pranksters doing in our compartment?", I greeted them with a grin. They both chuckled at me. "We thought we would say our condolences to the poor fella who was named prefect.", one of them joked. I thought it was George... Or Fred? Hell, I had absolutely no idea. I couldn't tell them apart, they were identical copies of each other. Now it was my turn to chuckle.

I sat down between one of the twins and Luna. I knowingly smirked at Angelina and she responded with a glare. I knew full well that she had a crush on Fred. I turned my attention towards the redhead beside her. "No really why are you here? I'm not complaining, just curious" I raised an eyebrow at him. "We pranked a few second years in the corridor. They were snitches though and told the seventh year Slytherin prefect.", he explained. His brother finished his story. "He kicked us out of ours and we had to find a new compartment to stay. And that's how we ended up here." The both grinned at each other. I just rolled my eyes sarcastically "So you thought it was a good idea to share a space with the new prefect?" I asked a smile on my face.

Before either of them could answer, Luna and Angelina both stood up simultaneously. "We're gonna go to the bathroom", Angelina excused them and left. Luna just nodded hazily and followed her. "Why is it that girls always go together to take a piss?", one of the twins asked with a thoughtful expression. I just shrugged. "I don't know. I seem to be the only girl who doesn't", I confessed. "Must be some sort of wolf pack instinct or somethin'", the other Weasley thought out loud. I almost flinched at his comment.

Before I could say anything, I started to shiver. It had gotten super cold all of a sudden. I could see clouds coming out of the twins mouths and the window started to freeze. I looked at my travel companions. They both looked utterly confused and scared. At first I was confused as well but then a thought hit me. This was characteristic for dementors. I stared at the boy next to me, panic written all over my face. When his eyes caught mine, his expression turned even more confused.

And then I saw it. I stared in horror at a black, bony hand, covered in a disgusting black sleeve creeping up to the doorknob. As the door opened slowly, the full monster came into view. Why on Merlin's pink underwear was there a dementor floating along Hogwarts Express?!

It opened the door fully and floated a few centimeters into the small room. A horrible, horrible feeling sent shivers down my spine. I felt like I was never, ever going to be happy again. Like all hope was lost. The only thing I wanted to do right now was to jump out of the moving train. Judging by the looks on the twins faces they were feeling the same way.

And just then, the monster retreated and left as quickly as it had appeared, leaving the three of us shivering. It had gotten warm again when I stood up. Even though wasn't freezing anymore, we all were still shivering. I pulled out my trunk and started to rummage through it.

Behind me Angelina and Luna appeared, shocked looks on their faces. "What the FUCK was that?!", my best friend almost screamed. "A dementor. I'll explain in a second. Sit down", I commanded. They both obeyed and I found the bar of chocolate I was looking for. I stood up and broke the bar into 5 pieces. "That was a dementor. They usually guard Azkaban", I explained and handed everyone a piece of the sweet. "The what on earth were they doing on the Hogwarts train?", a redhead questioned. I didn't know so I just shrugged at him. There was a moment of silence which Luna broke. "They are looking for Sirius Black of course".

Oh yeah, there was the whole Black situations. I had already forgotten about that. Yeah that made sense. Of course the dementors were looking for the mass murderer, who also happened to be the first wizard ever to escape from the magical prison.

"Hey, Y/N. Thanks for the chocolate by the way", Fred and George said in unison. It sounded kind of trippy when they spoke so in sync. I smiled at them. "No problem at all. My mum always has some with her on her auror missions for exactly that reason. She always makes me carry a bar too, just in case" There was no way in hell that I would tell them the actual reason for my chocolate stash...

I sat down on my seat feeling exhausted. I hated every single encounter with dementors. I've had too many due to my moms job. It didn't take long for me to fall asleep. As almost every night, I didn't dream about anything. Or at least I almost never remember my pleasant dreams. Only the nightmares.