Chapter 12

Angelina opened the door to our dorm and held it for me. I entered the room and walked to my bed. Angelina threw herself onto hers and propped herself up on her elbows. I looked at her and asked "Why so happy?" She smiled. "Well you see George skipped History of Magic to go and see you.", she started. I nodded at the memories that came rushing back. "So Fred and I sit together and talk the whole lesson. You know Binns that guy doesn't care what the students do.", my friend continued. I laughed at that because it was so true.

"Anyways so we talk about potions, right, and I say 'So I heard this year we'll brew Amortentia'. You know the love potion that smells like what you're attracted to? And he looks at me and he says 'Really? Well I already know who I'm gonna smell'" She looked at me like I was supposed to say something. I didn't get the point. "So?", I asked. "So that means he likes someone! And now get this, I was talking to George the other day and we talk about girls and he says that he doesn't have a type but Fred does. So I ask him what kind of girls he likes and George starts describing and everything fits me!", she says excited. She had obviously gotten her hopes with Fred up.

I just shook my head in amusement. The more I thought about the two, the more I could picture them in a relationship. Suddenly the idea Fred liking Angelina back wasn't so absurd like it once seemed. Maby she really did have a chance. "Well, if you think that he could potentially like you back then just tell him! Nothing is ever going to happen between you two if you don't tell him how you feel!", I told her. "But what if he rejects me? That would ruin our friendship! It would make Quidditch practise so fucking awkward!", she cried with a fearful expression.

"Fred doesn't seem like a person to make it awkward. Also wouldn't you like to be rejected rather then keeping you feelings to youself and potentially missing the chance of him liking you back?", I questioned. Angelina thought about that for a bit. "Why do I not like that you have a point?", she retorted. I smirked at her. "Because I'm always right?" She laughed. "Well if you're always right then maby you should follow your own advice for once" She wiggled an eyebrow and smirked. I stared at her "What is the supposed to mean?", I asked. Her smirk grew bigger.

"Why were you even talking to George about girls in the first place? Don't tell me you got a crush on both of them!", shouted. "Shhh! And not of course not.", she quieted me. "So why were you?", I insisted. She shrugged and looked at her pillow. "No particular reason", she said. I didn't believe a word. But I didn't want to inquire her. "Ok, ok, keep your secrets, Angie. I'm gonna take a walk. Clear my head.", I sighed and got up. "Angie?", she asks tilting her head. "Yep, Angie. You need a nickname. Anyways, see you later Johnson." "I will not stand for that nickname Y/L/N!", I heard as I closed the door.

Whenever there was something on my mind I took walks through the castle and its grounds. It cleard my head and gave me time to think alone. But this time it wouldn't be a long walk.

I strolled through the hallways and towards the courtyard. When I entered it I saw the golden trio and Gryffindor quidditch team talking to Malfoy and the Slytherin team. Great, I wanted to be alone and the one person I ran into was Mr. I'm-better-than-you-because-I'm-a-pureblood. I approached the group. I could make out that they were having a heated discussion about who gifted the Slytherins new racing brooms. Granger was standing a few feet away from the others. Curiosity won over the desire to be alone so I got closer and stood next to Granger.

"What's going on here?", I ask more to myself than to the girl beside me. She jumped at my question. Her eyes flicked down to my prefect badge. "The git Malfoy got his father to buy the Slytherins new brooms. In exchange he gets to be their new seeker.", she explained. I watch the discussion a litte longer. Ron Weasley drew his wand, which was broken and fixed with tape for some reason, and tried to hex Malfoy but the spell backfired. It was when Malfoy used Expelliarmus to disarm Harry, who had drawn his wand as well, when I got involved.

"Mr. Malfoy I think you know that magic in the halls is forbidden", I said as I reached the group. "That'll be 15 house points from Slytherin". It felt good to use my prefect powers to punish Malfoy. He glared at me. "What?! But Weasley used magic as well!", he cried. I looked at Ron sitting on the floor and puking up slugs. I turned back to the blonde "I think vomiting slugs is punishment enough", I said. "My father will hear about this. A filthy half-blood disrespecting me like this. Unbelievabe.", he mocked. My blood began to boil. From the corner of my eye I saw Potter looking scared that I would punch Malfoy. Merlin knew I wanted to do exactly that.

"Ladies and gentlemen! Mr. Malfoy just got himself 2 weeks detention with professor McGonagall", I said in an annoucer voice. Malfoy looked like he was about to murder me but knew better to not say another word. He turned on his heels and left, his housemates following. I turned to Potter "You should take him to Hagrid, he'll know what to do" "Thanks", Potter said gratefully. "No problem. He deserved that. Also George would murder me if I let Malfoy hex his brother and not do anything about it.", I explained.

"You're close to them, aren't you? Fred and George I mean", Granger asked. I looked at her. "Yeah, they're two of my best friends.", I replied. "Yeah George likes you. A lot. Well thanks again for stopping Malfoy anyways. Goodbye!", she retorted and was gone leaving me slightly confused. What did she mean by George liking me a lot? I shook my head and continued my walk.