Chapter Eight

The sun had started to set. My anxiety was at its peak. Tonight was full moon. I sat on my bed and looked around the dorm room I shared with Angelina and Catherine Tracker, another girl from our year. She was almost never here so we didn't really know her. I took a couple of deep breaths in an attempt to calm me down. It did nothing. I nervously got up and made my way down to the common room.

Sitting by the fireplace were my three best friends. When I walked past them Angelina got up and said "Hey Y/N. You wanna play spin the bottle with the 6th years later?" I shook my head sadly. The twins looked concerned. "Are you ok?", they asked in their trippy synced voices. I sighed and responded "Yeah I'm fine. You know what's up Angelina. I'll see you guys tomorrow or in a few days. Bye!" And with that I was out of the portrait hole.

George POV:

"Yeah I'm fine. You know what's up Angelina. I'll see you guys tomorrow or in a few days. Bye!", she said and just left. I stared after her, confused. I was worried about her. Clearly something was bothering her deeply. I looked at Freddie. He looked just as confused. We looked at Angelina. "What's up with Y/N?", my brother asked. Angelina sighed.

"You see, her father is muggle-born. And some close relative of hers is currently in muggle prison. She only gets to visit them once a month. It's always been hard on her. You can feel it days if not even weeks before she actually goes. And when she comes back, she's alwys super exhausted for a day or two.", she explained. My eyes widened. "That happened every month?! That terrible!", I almost shouted. A glance at Freddie tells me he feels the same way.

"Well,what can we do for her when she gets back?" My brother always asks what to do to make other people happy. I love him for that. "Just be there for her and don't judge her when she's moody", Angelina said "Oh and rule nuber one: Sometimes she come back with new scars. Do not ask her about them. She will just leave without a word. Belive me I've tried to find out. Not a chance" I stared at her in complete shock.

What the hell was going on with Y/N?

Y/N POV:

I hesitated to knock on professor McGonagalls office door. I needed to compose myself. I finally did and entered her office. "Ah Y/N. On time as always. You know the drill. Madam Pomfrey will lead you into the forest between Hogwarts and Hogsmead and will pick you up in the morning and tend to your injuries." I nodded. I felt like my voice had completely left me. If I tried to speak, nothing would come out of my mouth. McGonagall looked at me concerned. She shook her head and continued "Here is you Wolfsbane potion." She gestured towards a cup filled with a grey bubbling liquid. "Please drink everything. As you know it will allow you to stay concious during your tranformation. You will have complete control over your wolf body. Unfortunately it won't take away any of the pain. Do you understand me?" I nodded again.

I walked towards her desk and picked up the potion. Surprisingly it smelled like nothing. I took a deep breath and started drinking it. It tasted like rotton goblin piss. Absolutely horrible. But I pulled through, though it was hard not to throw it up immediately.

Just as I set down the empty cup, the door flew open. Snape came walzing in. "Minerva, I couldn't find-" He noticed me with an emotionless face. "Our other patient was nowhere to be found" "What? Did he forget that we supply him with the potion? Merlins beard!", the transfiguration teacher exclaimed "Miss Y/L/N please wait here for madam Pomfrey." Both of the professors stormed out of the office. So the other werewolve was a he. Interesting.

Who could it be? Would I meet him tonight? Shall I go looking for him? Yes, I had never interacted with another transformed werewolve before. No, if he didn't take the potion he would be unpredictable and most likely aggressive and dangerous. I was torn. I wanted to meet up with another transformed werewolve so badly, but I knew it was safer for the both of us to stay seperated. Plus I didn't want to be seen in a wolf state and so did the other one probably too.

I could still go exploring Hogsmead though. I decided to explore the forest and then the Shrieking Shack tonight. Suddenly I had something to look forward too.

What I didn't look forward to was the moment when my friends found out that I was a dangerous monster. I hated to even think about that. But I had to at some point. I imagines the look of disgust, horror and fear on their faces. How they would scream at me. 'You're a horrible monster', they would scream. 'We don't want to have to do anything with you ever again' And they would just leave me all alone.

A single tear rolled down my cheek just at the thought. Luckily I couldn't think about possible friendship break-ups any longer because madam Pomfrey had finally showed up.

"Are you ready Y/N?"