Chapter 28

"Hi", he said. "Hi", I replied. A moment of awkward silence followed. "Why are you here? You should go to bed", I advised. "I'm here to apologize", he said, finally turning to me. My eyes met his. The sparkle in them had returned, making them so beautiful.

"Apologize? For what? Your reaction about my condition? I don't blame you. I deserved that after lying to you", I said sadly. I felt my eyes well up and turned back to the sky. "No, you don't", George stated, causing my eyes to snap back to his.

"You don't deserve to be completely ignored and abandoned. And I'm sorry that I've done that", he said and looked into my eyes. A look of sincerity told me he really meant it. Lupins words flashed through my mind. It took them a while to process and understand, but eventually they accepted me for who I am. He was right and I couldn't be happier about it.

A smile formed on my lips, a genuine smile. "I've tried to see things from your perspective and I understand now why you didn't tell us. And I want you to know that your condition, as you called it, doesn't change as who I see you. You're still the same person. The girl that is my best friend, that became prefect and who I have caught feelings for", he concluded his speech.

A single tear rolled down my cheek which I quickly wiped away. "Thank you, it mea- Wait, what?", I interrupted myself. "Did you just say you've caught feelings for me?" He smiled sheepishly. A feeling of disbelief washed over me. He had a crush on me. George Weasley, the boy I liked for months, liked me back. I expected to wake up at any moment and realize that this was just a dream.

My smile got wider and brighter. "Is that why you kissed me last time we were here alone?", I asked, motioning towards the telescopes behind us. He gulped and nodded. "Well, in that case", I said as a wave of confidence hit me.

I stepped up to him, closing the gap between us. I placed my hand on his cheek and my lips on his. My mind was wiped blank, I just enjoyed this amazing feeling. His hands found their way to my waist just like on the Yule Ball night. Our lips moved in perfect sync. He was such a good kisser. I didn't know how long the moment really lasted but it felt like hours.

Eventually we pulled away, lovingly staring into each others eyes. I could still feel his touch on my mouth. He was smiling brightly now as well. "I take it my feelings are mutual then", he chuckled. I snickered and said "You always were the brighter twin" We laughed at that. "Can I ask you a question?", I said. "Sure", he replied.

"George Fabien Weasley, will you be my boyfriend?", I asked, visibly anxious. He chuckled again. "Of course", he said smiling. I wrapped my arms around his torso and buried my face in his chest. "Hey, Y/N?", he said after a moment. I looked up at him. "Happy birthday!", he said grinning. "Mind if I take you to Hogsmeade next week so we can properly celebrate?"

"Are you asking me on a birthday date?", I laughed. "Yes, I am", he replied chuckling. I accepted his offer and we made our way back to the common room, hands intertwined for the entire time.

That was probably the happiest moment of my life.

I had soon returned to doing my homework in the common room. Working with Hermione was nice, but she was always with Ron or Harry and I had grown somewhat tired of them. George spent half his time with his twin and the other half with me. I didn't mind since I took more classes and therefore had a lot more work to do than him.

For the next few days I enjoyed my newfound relationship. I was still sad that neither Fred nor Angelina were talking to me, but I knew they would eventually get over it. That day was Tuesday.

Someone cleared their throat next to me, causing me to turn my attention away from the Charms essay I was immersed in. I tiled my head up to see Angelina and Fred standing before me. They both looked somewhat nervous. "Hi, guys", I greeted them as I put down my quill. "Uhh... Hi, Y/N", Angelina said and looked helplessly at her boyfriend. "We wanted to say sorry for ignoring you. We needed time to process that whole you're a werewolf thing", he said, whispering the last words.

"Yeah, we're sorry. It took us some time but we got there eventually. Actually George helped us understand you better", she added. Of course he did. "I think he wanted us to make amends because he has a huge crush on you", Fred said thoughtfully. Angelina hit him on the arm as his eyes widened at his slip up and he clapped his hand on his mouth.

A grin crept on my face as I looked around the common room. I found my boyfriend and called him over. "Hey, what's up? Are you guys finally talking again?", he asked as he reached our group. "Yeah, we are. Hey, Fred just told me something very interesting", I said, my grin getting wider. "And what's that?", he asked. "That you have a crush on me", I said, looking into Freds shock filled eyes.

"Fred, how could you?", he asked fake hurt, catching on to what I was doing. Fred opened his mouth to respond but was cut off by mine and Georges laughter. He and Angelina looked back and forth between me and George.

"You should see your face!", he laughed. "Hey, George are we still on for that Hogsmead date?", I asked when we both calmed down. "Of course, darling", he replied and gave me a quick kiss on the lips. He then turned around to return to Seamus and Dean who had been watching us.

I turned my attention back towards the couple before me. "What just happened?", Angelina asked confused. I burst out in laughter again. After I had calmed down, I told them what had happened on the astronomy tower. "Was about time he told you", Fred thought out loud. "Y/N that's great. And for the record I always thought you two made a good couple", Angelina stated. I was happy that I had my best friends back.

I knocked on Lupins office door. I had a free period and he had asked me to tell him when I the situation with my friends cleared up. I appreciated that he cared so much for me. He had become like an uncle for me. I could talk about anything and everything with him.

"Come in", a voice from inside told me. I opened the door to find Harry sitting on the floor, eating a piece of chocolate and Lupin kneeling beside him. "Hello, Y/N. What brings you here?", Lupin smiled. I looked back at Harry and said "I wanted to talk to you about the situation regarding the Weasley twins, sir", I answered truthfully. He nodded and turned back to Harry. "Harry, I think that is enough for today. You should get some rest", he ordered and Harry obeyed.

"It seems like he hasn't been able to produce a patronus yet", I said as he closed the door behind him. "No, I think he needs to find a stronger memory", Lupin sighed. "You know, I think you'd also be capable of casting a patronus" "I might", I said in reply. "Harry has been practicing on the boggart in that chest there. You could try if you want", he said. I nodded and positioned myself in front of the chest.

The first time I used a memory with my parents. It was the one I had used every time I had tried to cast the charm before. Just as I expected, it didn't work.

"Could I try again?", I asked the teacher. He nodded and opened the trunk again. A dementor emerged from it. "Expecto Patronum!", I shouted as I closed my eyes. The scene in the astronomy tower flashed before my eyes. George apologizing, him accepting me, him confessing his love, us kissing.

As I opened my eyes a figure made of silver light stood before me. It wasn't completely clear, yet I could still make out the outlines of a small wolf. I didn't know why I was surprised to find out that my patronus was a wolf, what else could it be.

The patronus pushed the boggart back into the trunk and then vanished. Lupin locked it and clapped. "That was incredible. Most wizards can't produce a clear patronus even as adults and you almost did it", he praised. I smiled sheepishly and took the chocolate bar he offered me.