CH 36

Not proof read!!!

It was another chilly night, winter was soon to approach, twenty eight days remaining. Prince Jimin wandered the palace garden accompanied by me. We were busy discussing about the things happening around.

Two days ago, Queen was able to explain things to prince Jimin who somehow agreed to move to the hanok. All of that happened in my absence. Prince Jimin was fine during the whole conversation, as no shouts or noises were made while I stood outside of the chamber. But that evening, Prince Jimin kept mumbling in his sleep that Prince Taehyung would kill his bride.

At first it made me scared but then he became quiet when I soothed him with assurance that the bride will be fine and Prince Taehyung would take care of her very well. The false framing has caused a big crack on their relation. Whoever did the crime is brutally sick and heartless to frame him. Trying to reach Prince Taehyung to solve the murder means I had to deal with Master Jihoon and then him. Meeting master Jihoon means it would make things difficult which already was getting better without him in my life. For some reason all these masters do not understand the consequences that we will have to face as a couple. Because my love for master is true that I am ignoring him, for his safety.

Sometimes I wonder, do these masters live in paradise that they do not recognise their kingdom rules. A low peasant like me did not have any knowledge unless and until Master Jihoon's sister pinned them out. In all the fairy tales I had read love stories between a rich and poor who fall in live and live a long life. No one in the village ever told me that the long life in the stories will only be in heaven and not on earth.

"Y/n, I want to draw sword." My ears picked the phrase. My confused expression to Prince left him to giggle. "Should I go bring your canvas and paint now?" I asked him in a doubtful tone. Prince Jimin gave a me head tilt. "Dumb girl." He chuckled.

I felt a little offended but more confused. "Draw a sword means take a sword. The action of pulling it is the meaning draw here." He giggled, trying to  control his laughter. My lips made 'o', nodding, registering that word. "But why a sword?" The question subconsciously left my lips. "To learn how to use it." His face scrunched ready to laugh again but he held it in. That is when it hit me that my thought was spoken.

"Forgive me your highness." I bowed to him and stood straight. He squated down to the level of shrubs in the garden to take a look at them. "I have so many things to learn. And I can only learn them outside this palace." Hmmm. Lots to study. I just hope that we will be able to return soon. Your highness I have been away from my family for so long. T_T I want to hug and talk with my family.

"We must prepare everything." He sprung up. "We do not need maids and servants aside from you." He turned to me with a mischievous smile. My expression became serious after hearing him. "No maids and servants?" I repeated pushing down my vexation. "Yes." He proudly agreed. "Then I can do anything I want to try with no one to stop me."

At that point, I wanted to knock some senses into him.

I looked at him, grabbed his hanbok collar and began my lecture, bursting out of my frustration, "We are going to live alone. ALONE!! None of us know the place, we can get lost, I will have to do all the chores, from scrubbing the floor to cooking the meals. And if water streams are not near I have to walk hours to fetch water for the household purpose. It is not as easy as it seems like we are in the palace. Living in the palace is a perfect life, living in hanok is not perfect but comfortable. And if I do not have anyone to support me after working hours and hours on maintaing the hanok and your highness and lay sick, then who will do everything for your highness? Taking that workload is equal to making a donkey carry all the heavy things more than it can hold. We need those servants and maids. Do you know how difficult it will be during winter. everything thing will be cold, we will need firewood for everything. Not only that what if the hanok is situated to a forest, wild animals can attack us anytime, only the guards can protect us. When the groceries have run out how can I leave you alone there while I go to the market to buy? What if some rebels come and kidnap you who will I approach to, forget about kidnapping what will I do if they kill you?" My body huffed like a bull.