CH 5

"Y/N wake up!" Your mother tried to wake you up. In your sleep, at the back of your mind, I am going to palace tomorrow. The phrase had you sat up with drowsy eyes and start to do your daily routine, when your mother intervened. "Y/n, dear. Think about this, do you really want to work in the palace? It is not so great the way you think. You will have to work all day and you wouldn't be able to step out of the palace once you walk in. You also wouldn't be able to meet your family. Think about it dear." Your lips curled down, "Eomma, what are you saying? I really have to go. It is a lifetime opportunity." 

"Y/n, dear you know we can't bear to stand you away from us. What will happen to your future prospects of marriage, your children?" She clutched to her confused daughter. "Mother, I will get married later it is not something new to talk about. Also working as a maid will make us rich. You wouldn't have to clean the toilet bowels of the royals, or be the peasants who carry the royal rations to the storage at this old age. I wouldn't want you to work hard jobs at this age and earn measly. With my presence in the palace can actually come handy for Namjoon oppa to establish as a minister since I will be very close to serving his highness." your reasoning didn't satiate her.

She feared for your life, after many rumors she had heard in the palace. "Y/n, I know this but it was stupid of me even tell you about the post. Please I beg you to tell your father that you don't want to work. Stay with us, we can give you bright future with a good boy who will take care of you." She briefed her difficulty yet not depicting the underlying reasons. "Mother, don't be ridiculous. Think about the life brighter than my marriage to some boy and things!" you stood your grounds. "Y/n! you are going to walk in the den of the lion." She let her anger out. "You are the one being ridiculous." She scolded you, slapping your arm repeatedly.

"Father! Father! Father!" You called for help, to be saved from your mother's beatings. "You stupid girl. You will suffer in that hell." Tear flowed down her cheeks, as her beatings intensified in the hopes you would comply with her. "It hurts mother. Stop it. Father! Father! Aunt Minseo!" you shouted for help. Your father was the first one to rush in, followed by Namjoon, Misuk and Hoseok. Jongdong struggled to push Choonhee to let you off her hands. "Choonhee what are you doing?" He scolded her.

Meanwhile you cried in your aunt's arms, who consoled you in her embrace. "She still wants to go even after explaining it to her." She shouted at her husband, frustration soaked those words. "I told you it is her decision. If she still wants to go, let her be." He began to support you, "She has dreamt about it. And if you have said it by mistake it means that she is meant to go there by god's will." Your mother couldn't stop her tears, she was scared for your life. "She will be fine." He finally took her in his embrace. "It is alright. She will be fine there." As he said those words, Jongdong's eyes met Misuk who looked worried for them.

"Let's go to my hut." Misuk asked the kids to follow her. But Namjoon stayed back, he was more invested in knowing what had happened there, to know why his mother had another breakdown. "It is alright Y/n." Misuk soothed you. "Why did eomma lash out at me?" You began to rant. "She was the one who asked me and when I said I would, she became angry and began to beat me." Your speech slowly bluring and wavering. "It's alright, my dear." Your aunt's fingers caressed your hair and rubbed your back.

After hearing everything from his mother, he gave his support to you since in a way, you were going to uplift the family from the undergoing poverty and also help him there. This definitely wasn't well received by their mother who then eventually kicked him out too. That day, neither the mother and daughter duo spoke nor did the couple. Silently your things were packed by you and your father.  "Appa, will eomma not speak to me again before I leave?" you asked him, upset that you wouldn't receive any blessings from her and leave in peaceful mind without clearing up the problem.