CH 10

Today, I woke up early in the morning. Earlier than the sun. Why? Because I am going home. After spending 1 month here, I grew tired of this place. The people with whom I can hangout are Jieun, Hwayoung and Mrs. Younji. A lot has happened in the span of one month.

The person whom I most anticipated and thought who would help me build a good relation with Prince Jimin as a companion; Seohyun came. She shattered my hope. After her arrival, Prince doesn't even care to glance at me. Through all means, Seohyun tries to avoid me having a talk with him.

Hwayoung thinks I am in love with Prince Jimin. But I am not. I am only trying to fulfil my duty that I have been assigned to.

On other hand Seohyun just does the regular things with Prince such as accompanying me outside his chamber, having walks through the garden, have random talks and God knows what all.

She always try to keep me busy saying that I have to arrange her closet, bring dinner for the Prince and her, to clean the Prince's chamber, look after her pet cat and the list goes on.

Only at midnights; when all are asleep including Seohyun, I creep into the prince's chamber and have a look of him to check how he is doing. When Seohyun first arrived I paused to give midnight checks at him.

But just after one week, my mind was asking me to take a glance at him. When I saw him, my gaze fell on his lips; the area where I always applied the balm. They were dry. I literally cursed Seohyun in my mind for not taking care of him.

Since then, I began my night errands. No one knows other than Jieun and I.

Another thing that I noticed in Prince is that he is very much happy and cool when he's with her. He treats her well, thinking she is the one who is doing all for him. Though all of it is done by me. I feel bad seeing it, I have been taking care of him too still he never cares for me. Other than that one time when Prince Taehyung was with me.

Right now I stood in front of the Queens chamber seek permission. Miseo; lady in charge of maids, came out. "She has given you the permission for two weeks." She replied as she began to walk. My lower jaw fell to the ground (if possible 🤣) hearing the news. I ran to her, "Well, it was said for 1 day. Why did Queen give two weeks?"

Miseo stopped her tracks, " As Seohyun is here, she will take care of him." Anger boiled in me just by thought of her taking care of him. I quickly bowed to her, ran to my chamber. I had already packed my things in a bundle.

As soon as I step my feet out of the chamber, I was met with Prince. I bowed to him with the cloth bundle in my hand. "Where are you going?" "I am leaving to my hometown, your highness." I replied to get hum from him. "Don't return. This place isn't for people like you. okay?" He ordered.

Without any hesitation I ran from there. Tears dwelled in my eyes as I ran past the maids and guards. Coming out of the palace, I ran to the palace garden.

How can he say like that to me when I took care of him one month? Why does he hate me so much? Why? I always admired him since my childhood and thought of becoming a companion to him. I was wrong. He is so full of himself.

He is right. I don't belong to a place like this. I should resign. But I can't I promised the King and Aunt Minseo that I would take care of him.