CH 27

Not proof read
____________________________________

It was noon of autumn, I was sitting with Prince Jimin in his chamber watching him paint. Well his painting was indeed a perfect one as I can barely draw anything. I was only taught to draw flowers and few embroideries, along with some necessity stitching.

Amusing thing was though he never stepped out of the palace much he was able to draw a mesmerizing painting. The beauty of mother nature. The light blue skies, flock of birds flying between those fluffy clouds, tress and flower grown around, grass and shrubs filled ground, wind breezing by the bending of long grass, the hut which was slightly worn out. A warm painting pulling me to my unvisited village.

The painting flickered something in my mind. I had seen it somewhere. My eyes took a toll on darkening the image, a stormy evening. Yes, the night that I had a imaginary vision. "Your highness?" I unintentionally called him. He turned to look at me his fingers still holding the brush. "Have you seen this view before?" I asked him. He turned back to his work, seemingly ignoring for asking an irrelevant question.

I moved my gaze to his bed, being upset on his ignorance. But then few moments later he spoke to me. "I used to stay at this cottage when the king went for a war. For an unknown reason he drove me, Yubin and my maids away from the palace saying that the enemies might invade our kingdom and he does not want them to capture me. I stayed there for a week until the king himself came to pick me." He said.

Now that I wonder it has been long since the father and son ever conversed. The last conversation I know was prince arguing with his majesty entirely based on Yubin's death which was three years back. After that they always used me as a messenger. It was slightly embarrassing as I had to interrupt the king every now and then yet he never lost his temper. Unlike the story kings who would loose their temper on their servants, king Sungjin was an exception. He always treated me as my father would. His majesty never hesitated to shower fatherly love on me in front of his assistants, ministers, generals as well the queen. His men and maids treated me as a princess more than a mere slave who is here to assist. But among all in the corner the queen would scowl at me.

Since no one knew about what exactly happened to Yubin. A lot of statements were made which made it difficult for the culprit to be found. Due to this delay, prince stopped having his meals with his parents. Since then he would have his meals in the chamber. At nights when Yubin came to his dreams or her mention, he would call for me and use me to push all his anger. He would lash my backs for hours to let out his pain. No one seemed to be bothered at all. Even Seohyun who would hear my screams would never walk in and stop him though being close to him. Next day she would act as if nothing happened.

I was forced to muffle my screams, my body would slump on the floor with dried tears covering my face, no more tears to pour, my back stinking with pain. Once he had let out his vent up anger, he would walk to the physician room in the early morning to get the ointments. He would then carry my tried body, then apply it on my wounds and whisper very sorrow filled sorries in my ears. Another reason why he always called me was because my wounds healed within the next evening. At first Hwayoung would force me to reveal this to his majesty but for some reason I never dared to tell him. Deep down my non sensical heart would say it is fine and that poor prince has no one of his except for me, whenever he felt to punish me with the whimp my body would give in to him as though he owned me. No one in life ever made me feel that way even when master Jihoon gave his passion filled love. No matter what he did my soul and body would accept it.

My head simply nodded as I heard his reason. I never ever had time to recollect those harsh moments but her mention made me realise that it would happen again. "Your highness, may I come in." I heard Hwayoung's voice. I understood that she brought his highness's lunch. I stood up and opened the doors for to enter. She walked in with the tray, I pulled his small study table. She placed it, bowed to prince. Prince Jimin was busy with his arranging, Hwayoung took that chance and motioned to me follow her. "Your highness, I forgot to get a chore done. May I?" I asked him as I bowed to him. He motioned with his hand to move out.