CH 8

A hut roof? Why am I in a hut? The door was opened. Aunt why are you having that expression? Why are you sad? She was caressing my hand and forehead. "It is alright, Y/n. Keep pushing." I look down and saw a big bump, tears followed down my face. My finger tightly clutched on to aunt's hand and the clothes. "Aunt I can't do this." She wiped my tears, "Y/N, it is going to be alright just breath in and out. Fine?" my head violently nodded to her. I heard the clashes of the swords. "Your Majesty." I cried. "If you loose to that devil, I- Ahhh, I swear that neither I nor the baby will live-Ahhhhh." aunt tried to wipe my head, worried. "Aunt, I feel light headed." I mumbled. My eyes were becoming blurry, aunt shook me lightly but my eyes closed eventually.

Your eyes snapped open, feeling someone shake you. Jieun face appeared in front, "What is it Jieun?" asked, sitting up. "Prince Jimin is calling you." Those words were like a stone, as if your life were to be vanished any moment, you ran to his chamber, to attend him. "Your highness." you sought his permission, when a 'come in' came, you entered his chamber. The prince was sitting on the edge of his bed, despondent. "Your highness." he fazed out, his eyes met yours. "What about my lunch?" His hoarse voice asked. "Yes, your highness. All the arrangements shall be made for your arrival." bowed to him, before you could leave, he stopped you. "Listen, if Prince Taehyung is there, then bring my lunch to the chamber. If not, then inform me. I shall have my lunch at the hall." He spoke. "Yes your highness." with which you stepped out and met a worried Jieun. You let out a deep exhale and held her hands quickly, she was confused for a moment with your behaviour, "Jieun, where is the royal dining hall?" A chuckle escaped her lips, finding your approach funny. "This way Y/n." She directed.

The royal dinner hall appeared, the hall was quite big like the chambers, small table arranged to each side with one in north, the maids flooded through the hall, placing the dishes on the small tables for each royal. Subconsciously, your lips parted, gapping at the set up. This was your first time to even see a dinner hall, Jieun smiled and slid her index to push your chin back, "How do I know whether Prince Taehyung will be here or not." but you were too busy to even notice it. "You can ask the head eunuch of the banquet to know." sucking your lips in, you looked at her, "I will ask her majesty." she didn't catch what you said until you looked at the direction. Indeed her majesty was standing at a corner in the same row as them. She wasn't sure if it were a good idea for you to even approach the queen.

Even before she could advise you, the spot beside her was empty. You stood beside the queen, bowed to her, with view down, " Your majesty, Prince Jimin seeks to know if his highness prince Taehyung is invited to the dinner hall?" A heavy sigh left her soul, so done with prince's tantrums. "Tell my Prince that prince Taehyung will not be here." she waved you of as you bowed to her. "Let's go." quickly pulled Jieun from there and hurried to the chamber, "what did her majesty say?" she asked, "Well, her majesty was happy to tell that he is not there." you smiled, hurrying. "Your highness," You burst opened the chamber door. Prince Jimin immediately wiped his tears, but his red eyes gave away, "Queen mother has said that he will not be present." you bowed to him, "Don't you know, you are supposed to seek permission from the royals before you enter their chambers?" he voice sterned, "Forgive this stupid girl, your highness." you bowed to him deeper, "Whatever. Barbarian workers." the last words he mumbed which of course pricked you, "Fetch me a wet towel." 

"Yes your highness." You bowed again before stepping out to get a wet towel. "Jieun, I need a warm wet towel. His highness wants it." She nodded before sprinting off. Who is he calling a barbarian? Hmph!!! Just because I barged in doesn't mean I am barbarian. Stupid and Bratty prince.

She got a wet towel and handed to you. Taking it inside, stood beside the prince, he pushed his head forward for you to clean it, eyes closed, waiting to feel the wet cloth. Carefully your hand supported his back head and wiped his face, first the right side, then the left side, then the eyes and finally the nose. A temptation arose in you to smother him with the warm wet cloth for calling you barbaric but what could be done, all it could be was a dream. "Look at me." I did as he told me. I rose my head to meet his pale and mournful face. "How do I look?" I blinked my eyes. He glared at me for not getting my answer, "Do you see any redness in my eyes?" I nodded, "Slightly, your highness."