CH 23

We reached the market. It was crowded, the vendors shouting to seek the customers attention, fire lamps lightening their shops, giggles of people, children running in the market and various acts being performed on the street. I wrapped my arm around Prince's arm as we went through the street not thinking anything.

I checked on him, and there was a glint of happiness, excitement and curiosity in those eyes that were roaming around getting a glance of everything here. "Let's look at that game over there." I whispered in his ear. He turned his head to me, looking in my eyes while I nodded. His eyes were so beautiful in the night of fire lamps. "Alright." I heard he say and I smiled before pulling him to the small vendor's shop where kids as well as adults surrounded.

The shop was owned by an old man who was throwing dice. The adults put the bait and the kids would keenly watch to know who would win. "A dice throw from me." An middle aged man called the vendor. He wore the rob much fancier for a man to wear around. He should be a merchant. "Yes sir, what number would you throw?" The vendor asked with politeness knowing the man's status. "40" he shot. The kids surrounding were pretty much from lower section.

The vendor threw dices in a bowl, shook it before throwing those to a big bowl. The moment was anticipating for everyone standing there as the dices hit the bowl, bounce up and down, finally settling. The vendor read it "40".

"Haha. I got it right this time." The man chuckled as he patted the vendor. "Thank you sir." He bowed. "There you go your money." The man threw the money in the bowl. "I am taking this." He said reaching his hand for a small drager. "Yes sir." The man smiled. I looked at Prince Jimin hoping that he would have enjoyed them game but he seem to stare the man. "Is something wrong, your highness?" I asked him. "Nothing. Let's go somewhere else." He said and I agreed.

We walked through few shops of jewellery. Prince seemed deep in thoughts as we walked. "The vendor lied." He said. I was confused for a moment. "My apologises your highness, I couldn't understand you." I apologized. He turned his head, his eyes looking at me. "It was 36 and he lied. He must be punished for lying." He spoke with a slight furrowed eyes. My eyes kept staring at the mask and I soon looked away turning to face the crowded street. "Your highness, it is something that everyone here does." I replied.

"These vendors are very poor, they make earning during the festive period. They know that if they tell the truth the upper status people would accuse them or walk away without handing them money. You have been in the palace for a long time, now you get a chance to slowly know the real world outside the books." I answered as my arm hooked up with his. I felt that Prince Jimin was staring at me, so I look up to find him indeed sharing his look on our locked arms and me.

"Is there a problem your highness?" I asked. "You are holding my hands." I look down to find my arm locked with his. 'Wow. You did that you idiot. You don't do such things with the royals.' I immediately removed my hand realizing what I did was wrong. "I beg for forgiveness your highness. It happened out of habit." I kept bowing my head. "Habit? What habit?" He asked softly. The voice made my heart to swing. It was so soft than his regular voice. They held politeness in his tone.

"I would walk through the market with my brothers in this manner during occasions." I replied back softly with my head low. But then the thing he did surprised me. He pulled my arm and put around his arm. "It is fine. There will be less suspicions." Looking up after my eyes followed his actions and saw his eyes gazing straight at me. "Let's go and discover more." He spoke looking ahead the crowd. I could make out in my mind that he was smiling and enjoying the moment. I nodded as we continued to walk.

"Would you like to have something your highness?" I asked as we walked by few food stalls. "I can't eat the street food." He said as a serious matter. I agreed with him.