PART 17

Taking the jug in her hands shehnaaz wore her slippers and walked out of her room. It was 7 in the morning. She felt her throat dry and the jug was empty. Walking downstairs she went into the kitchen half sleeping but the scene in front of her eyes brought a beautiful smile along with tears in her eyes.

" Good morning papa" said shehnaaz walking inside the kitchen. Her father was kneading the dough and she could see smashed potatoes in a bowl placed on the shelf.

" Good morning puttar. Uth gya mera bacha" said her father lovingly. She hugged her father from a side. She felt so emotional at the moment. It was not the first time her father was making breakfast. He always used to make breakfast whenever he felt his daughter upset. Yesterday he saw her being upset as she refused to have dinner. He couldn't see his daughter worried so he thought to make her favourite breakfast and aalu paranthas are something which could make his daughter happy. He always made aalu paranthas for her.

"Papa aap kyun kar rhe ho ye chhodo. Meera didi bna dengi" said shehnaaz being emotional. She always felt so blessed to have a lovely father.

"Apne bache k liye itna to kar hi skta hoon na puttar"said her father kissing his daughter's forehead while kneading the dough.

"U r the best father. Aap jaante ho na papa" said shehnaaz wiping her tears which rolled down her cheeks.

"And u r the best daughter. Aap bhi janti hai na ye" said her father lovingly making her smile amidst her silent sobs.

"To phir ye best daughter aapki help kregi aaj" said shehnaaz wiping her tears again. " Aur mai kuchh nhi sunungi" said shehnaaz before her father could deny. Listening his daughter's cute order he just smiled.

"Papa mere bina start mat krna m abhi aayi brush krke" saying shehnaaz ran outside making her father chuckle at his daughter's cute antics.

"Papa abhi batao mujhe kya krna hai" said shehnaaz rolling the sleeves of her t-shirt up as she entered the kitchen. A yellow cloth was tied on her head covering her hair. She always followed her traditions. Even when didn't live in Punjab but she never forgot her culture.

"Puttar mai ye aalu isme stuff krke doonga tu ye beln se bel dena. krlegi na. tune kbhi kiya nhi hai sanu" said her father telling her process of making aalu paranthas.

"Don't worry papa. I'll do it achhe se. Aap aalu daalo isme m bel dungi achhe se" said shehnaaz cutely. Her father smiled and did the same.

"Sanu aata lga bache iski dono side. Ye dekh chipak gya na" said her father helping her in beloing the chapatis.

"Papa ye dekho ye khraab ho gya. abhi kya krun iska" said shehnaaz as her aalu parantha sticked on the rolling pin making her father shook his head smiling at his daughter.

"Laa de bache. m sikhata hoon" saying her father took the rolling pin from her hand and tought her how to make a parantha. Smiling and laughing the father- daughter duo made the paranthas.

________________________________

"Papa aaj mai dog farm jaa rhi hoon. sham tak vapis aaungi. Aap jaate jaate dadi ko Gurudwara sahib chhod doge ya mai apne sath le jaun, Driver uncle le aayenge baad mai dadi ko" said shehnaaz as she came in the living area after getting ready in a beautiful floral frock.

"Puttar mai late ho rha hoon. meri important meeting hai. Maa ko tu apne sath leja bache aur tu bhi matha tek k jana" said her father taking the lunch box which naaz had packed for him today.

"Okay papa" said shehnaaz giving a quick hug to her father. "Dadi chalein phir hum bhi?" asked shehnaaz holding her dadi's hand as she came towards them.