Chapter 77

Marcus's POV

I was currently looking over the map of the Werewolf Capital when the doors opened to reveal Carlos who walked in with John behind him.

"I thought that you would like a drink, my Lord." My first in command said before handing me a glass of wine which I took after giving him an approving nod.

"I see that you're a bit busy my Lord." John mused as he took a look at the maps himself.

"I'm just making sure that we have every route covered. Who knows, those pesky pack wolves might have a plan of escape once we attack." I said.

"Don't worry, Lord. My wolves will have the whole capital surrounded. And I also think that we should be more concerned of the Dark Wolf and his allies." John said but I only gave out a chuckle.

"The Dark Wolf and his little possy are no longer in the capital. So I don't think we'd have a problem with them when we take the capital." I said, taking a sip on my drink.

They both looked at me in curiousness when I said that. And as I placed my glass on the table, I decided to answer their unasked question.

"Jayden Grey and the others are staying at the Alpha of the Clawtooth pride's lands. And I also know that they are no longer working with those pack wolves." I lightly explained to them but I could still sense a tinge of curiousness with them.

"If I may ask, my Lord. How did you come of this information??"

"I still have my ways, Carlos. Did you really think that those werecats, Leo and Tracy, were the only eyes and ears I had in that pride??" I chuckled. "Oh no. I have, one more."

Both John and Carlos looked at me in surprise before they gave out a chuckle of their own.

"As always, you surprise us my Lord."

A sudden knock came from the door and soon, one of the rogues I was familiar with came in.

"Ahh, Miya. Did you do what I asked of you??" John asked her.

"Yes Alpha. They assured me that they will arrive in time tomorrow and that they have taken the necessary precautions to be careful in case that they encounter some wolves that aren't ours." She said with her head slightly bowed as a sign of respect.

"Good, that would be all then. I am sure that you're keen on seeing your mate again so go on. That would be all." She gave her alpha a bow before turning to me.

"I'll be taking my leave, Lord." She said before turning as she headed out of the cabin.

"She's a sweet young wolf." I mused when she was gone. "Too bad she's already taken."

"Miya is one of the most loyal wolves I know. And yes, it is a shame she's already taken, my Lord." John chuckled in the end.

"I don't mean to change the subject my Lord but, going back to the wolves. If what you said is true, then the capital is completely right now. Why don't attack and end those pack wolves once and for all?? Then we can turn to eradicating the Dark Wolf." Carlos said, looking at me with determination in his eyes.

"Because Jayden Grey is the biggest threat to us, Carlos." I said. " To me. The Blood Moon is in a few days and I can assure you that they will make a move against us. Taking the capital will be easy once we eradicate Jayden first."

"So that's the reason why you ordered the army to come here. The Dark Wolf knows our location." John voiced.

"That he does." I mused. " And I'd want to arrange a little surprise for them." I chuckled. "What do you two think would be their reaction once they see that we outnumber them ten to one??"