Chapter 98

Tobias's POV

"Fotiá!!!" I shout as I watched a rogue running towards me before I felt the familiar tug in my gut.

With that, the rogue suddenly bursted into flames and began to panic as the fire burned it fur. Scorching his skin as he was being burned alive.

But the flames that raged as it devoured the rogue was nothing compared to the fighting that continued to surge on around me.

Bodies keep piling up as blood continued to spill.

The sheer numbers of Marcus's forces were noticable. Cause like a hydra, as our warriors would cut down one of their forces, it was like two more took its place.

And was starting to dwindle our side.

We're fighting ferociously and with all the strength that we have but Marcus's forces are starting to overwhelm us.

A snarl caught my attention, making me turn to see a werecat being ganged upon by three vampires.

One of them had his arm around the jaguar's neck, cutting off his air supply while the other two bloodsuckers held the werecat at bay. Preventing it from moving as they had its limbs in a tight grip.

"Viribus fortis." As soon as those words left my lips, the vampire choking the werecat was thrown off forcefully. Giving the jaguar the chance to shake off the two remaining vampires.

I however, was starting to feel utterly exhausted. Even if I did the spell earlier with Aiden and Joey, it still took a lot out of us to affect such a large portion of Marcus's army. And to think that in the end, it all seemed like it was all in vain. Leo, Tracy and Miya had failed to get his secret army out of our way and now the end result of this battle has a larger chance to not be in our favor.

My knees buckled.

My energies depleting more and more as I tried to keep my guard up cause in the state that I was in right now, I was very vulnerable to an attack.

"Tobias!!" I hear someone call my name amidst the chaos as two familiar faces came up to me.

"Damn, you look like shit." Came Aiden's teasing tone.

"Not the right time to be joking man." I said, trying to keep myself from stumbling as my body got heavier.

"Yeah, I know. Here. I didn't get the chance to give you this after we casted the spell. Apparently, your dad managed to make that potion last minute before the fight started." I looked at the bottle he gave me. The blue liquid inside making it clear for me as to what it was.

So without a second thought, I opened the bottle before quickly gulping all of its contents down. And to my utter relief, I felt a lot better that I was a while ago.

"Dang, definitely needed that." I mumbled as I dropped the now empty bottle to the ground before turning back to my two friends. The looks on their faces as they scanned the fighting that raged on around us told me many things.

But there was one specific emotion that the three of us shared at that moment.

Determination.

And that was an emotion that was slowly being crushed by Marcus and his ilk at the moment. The forces on our side continued to fight vigorously, but until when?

We have to think of something, and think of it fast. We have to think of a way to at least turn the tides a bit to our favor.

But that was easier said than done. And besides, it was a bit hard to try and think of a plan when you also have to stay alert around you.