Chapter 31

Jayden's POV

I sat there on my chair in silence as I sucked in what the warlock had just told me.

Me?? I was Lucian's descendant??

"How are you so sure about this Julius?? That's a pretty big allegation" Elise asked her friend.

"I just know it Elise. Jayden and Lucian are the only wolves who was known to posses this ability. And I've done some personal research. Lucian did have a mate and a child who he had hidden in case his enemies would know. So it's very possible that his bloodline lived on after his passing. And Jayden could be the only living descendant of Lucian who has the abilities that he had."

"Wait before we get to that, if Lucian was a hybrid of two wolf species then... What type of wolves were they??" Tobias asked his dad.

Julius sat down on a vacant chair before looking at us with that of a teacher addressing his students.

"Liam Blackwood, Lucian's father, was just like the werewolves that we have today. And he was also an Omega of his pack. A leader. His mother on the other hand was a whole new story. She was a species of werewolf that was more secretive. So secretive that so little about their kind is known. But, they were a species that was thought to look like a humanoid version of a wolf when shifting."

"I've never known that such wolves existed." Mikey commented.

"And they wanted it to stay that way." I was confused when the warlock said that.

"Who do you mean by they??" Darryl asked him.

"The wolves that attacked Lucian and his pack, right?? The pack wolves. The traitors." I answered before Julius had the chance.

"That's right. They were so afraid of Lucian's power that after they massacred Lucian and his pack they immediately went on to hunt down his mother's race. They never wanted another wolf hybrid to be born with Lucian's power ever again. So they killed off an entire species... Cause they were afraid."

"You haven't even told us what kind of species Lucian's mother was." I put the book on the table before giving out a sigh.

"She was a Lycan." That made them all look at me.

"I never would have thought that they really existed." I whispered out. "My mom used to tell me stories about them when I was about six. She said that they were the same stories that her dad told her when she was young."

"Then you must have gotten Lucian's bloodline from your mother's side. Cause every knowledge. Every text. Every book about the lycans were erased from the entire werewolf history. These are the only books left that even mentions the word lycan." Julius explained.

"But if that's true, that Jayden's family had the blood of a hybrid running through them. Why didn't any other family member develope Lucian's power?? Why did it only manifest with Jayden??" Elise asked.

"I take it that you're the only omega in your family Jayden??" I nodded "Well that may explain it. Maybe the hybrid gene can only manifest when you are so."

The information that I was getting was starting to give me a headache at this point.

"So Jayden's a born Omega Lycan werewolf hybrid?? No wonder you're a badass." Mikey chuckled as he pushed me softly.

"Did you know about this Ros??" I asked as I contacted him via our link.

"No I didn't. This is as surprising to me as it is for you Jay."

"Let's just keep this between us all. If the wolf packs were responsible on wiping out a whole pack and a whole species just because they were afraid, who knows what some will do when they learn that Jayden is Lucian's descendant. His whole family could be put in danger." They all agreed to what the witch had said and for that I was truly thankful.