Chapter 27

Jayden's POV

"Hey guys, what do you think this town is like??" I turned away from the window to look at Mikey who sat at the front seat of the car.

"What's the difference?? It must be like any other town we went to." Raph said.

"Well if you really think about it, the Lunari must have had a reason to choose that particular town to settle in. I mean, they do have a very important artifact right?? They could've settled near the capitol which was the safest place to be if you were a werewolf." He voiced.

"Did you forget that the Lunari wanted to be hidden from other supernaturals?? That includes the other wolf packs and the capitol. And besides, they were turned into white wolves. They're more than capable to pro the stone in their own." Mikey turned to Mason with a look of deep thought when he said this.

"But still. White wolves or not, many supernaturals would have known of the stone and may have sought to take it. And as powerful as the Lunari may seem to be, they would have looked for help in protecting the stone. I'm only guessing here but, what if the town is more than what it seems to be. What if that's the reason why the Lunari chose to stay hidden in the dark forests of that particular town."

"We have no way of knowing that for sure Mikey." I said, making him turn back to look at me. "But if there is something about this town then we'll find that out for ourselves soon enough. We'll just have to be very careful in case there is."

"Fare enough." He said as I gave out a yawn.

"Looks like someone's still sleepy." That made me look back at Mikey.

"Just curious, what time did you come back from your night swim at the pool last night Jay??" He asked and I raised a brow at him.

"I didn't check the clock, but it was late. I just lost track of time swimming last night. Why??" He then gave me a non-believing look.

"Really?? Cause I think I saw you talking with a certain someone instead of swimming." He smirked, gesturing to a sleeping Rose beside me.

"You hanged out with.." Raph didn't finish as he just settled to gesture towards Rose as well.

"It wasn't intentional. I wanted to go for a swim and she wanted to sit by the pool. We just talked." I said as I turned to look at Mikey.

"You said you saw me talking with someone." I narrowed my eyes. "You spied on me?? What did you see??"

I only prayed that he didn't see me breaking down in front of Rose. The last thing I needed was pity.

Mikey raised his arms in the air as he sat back down on his seat properly. "I only saw the part that you jumped into the pool so suddenly. Uhm.. I think you guys were talking about fears or something??"

"And you were eavesdropping on us, unbelievable Mikey."

"Hey, that's all I heard cause when you fell or shall I say jumped into the pool I went back to our room laughing my butt off. I didn't hear anything else." He reason.

"Why did he jump in the pool??" Mason asked.

"Rose tricked him that there was a big spider on his back." The young wolf immediately answered.

"Mikey!!!" I exclaimed but he just chuckled followed by Raph and Mason.

"I didn't know you were scared of spiders Jay." Mason chuckled.

"I'm not." I say, turning to look at Rose. "She just, surprised me that's all."

"No need to be embarrassed about it Jay." Mikey smirked.