Chapter 89

Leo's POV

It was already really late in the evening, and I was getting anxious. Tracy's still not back yet, so me and my mate are getting worried that something might have happened.

"Where do you think she could be??" Miya asked as she sat on our bed.

"I don't know. Anywhere??" I sighed. "She was suppose to scout out yours and Lucas's escape route one last time but, I have no idea what's keeping her."

"She's a good fighter, Leo. Now can you tell me what else is bothering you??" That's the thing about Miya. We've haven't been together that long but she already knew me so well. She immediately knows if something's bothering me, and maybe that's why the Goddess paired us up. And for that, I will forever be thankful.

"It's just..." I sat down beside her sighing. "I want all of this to be over. This war. Don't get me wrong, I don't regret agreeing to help Jayden and the other wolves cause that decision ended in me meeting you." She smiled at that.

"I just want it all to be over so that we can start our lives together." I felt her hand caress my cheek which instantly calm down mine and my cat's anxiousness.

"And we will. Cause after tomorrow, this will all be over. We'd stop Marcus, go back to your pride and like you said... We'd start our lives together." She soothed, giving me a quick peck on my lips.

"But what if things go wrong?? What if we can't stop Marcus?? You've seen how strong he is, Miya. It won't be easy." I said.

"Then we'll fight. Continue fighting till we finally stop him." She said to me confidently. "Nobody is unbeatable, Leo. Everybody has a weakness. Including Marcus."

"And you are my weakness." I then say. "Promise me that you'll be careful. That we'll see each other when tomorrow's done."

"I can't keep that promise and you know that." She said. "But what I do promise is that I'll try my best to be careful. And I really hope that you'll be as well."

I could hear worry in her tone as she said that. So I gently pulled her towards me.

"I promise." I said as I felt her arms around me.

Just then, a knock came from our door which I went to answer.

"Tracy!! Where have you been??" I asked her in relief when I saw her standing there.

"I have to tell you something. Something important."

I immediately knew that this was serious by the tone of her voice. So without another word, I let her in before Miya and I waited patiently for her to tell us.

"It's Elise. I saw her. She's being held captive here." I was utterly shocked when she said this.

"What?! When?? When did you see her??" I question.

"When I finished scouting out Miya's escape route I saw her unconscious, being dragged by two vampires a while ago. She had blood on her clothes but I think she's alive."

I was really not liking this situation. How did they catch her?? If I knew one thing, Elise was a really powerful witch. She could've easily taken down some vampires or rogues if...

"Marcus." I said out. "He was gone for hours a while ago. I'm guessing that that wasn't just a coincidence."

"Definitely not." My mate said. "So Marcus kidnapped his own mother. Why??".

"She's a powerful witch. And other than that, could it be possible that he doesn't want her getting hurt tomorrow??" Tracy asked.

"It doesn't matter. What DOES matter is what Jayden and the others would do tomorrow. Who's going to cast the spell that will keep them immune from Marcus's incantations."