Chapter 116

Maddison's POV

When I saw Marcus slowly making his way to my mate, my worry and fear skyrocketed. Especially when I saw the lycan looking very hurt while he got himself up.

Louren still had a very firm hold which still prevented me from just shifting to my wolf and attack Marcus. But even if I did, I knew that I wouldn't really be of help in the end. All of us had our chance to fight the vampire lord a while ago.

And we did, together. But still, we failed. And now, Jayden who is the strongest of us seemed to be having a very difficult time in fighting him.

"Maddison." I almost jumped when I heard my mates voice through our link.

"Goddess, Jayden!!" I answered. Feeling a bit relieved to hear his voice.

"I can feel your unease and worry through our bond. Don't worry. Everything's going to be fine. I promise." He said as I turned to see that Jayden was slowly shifting back to his human self.

"Let us help, Jay. I want to help you!! I'm sure if we attack Marcus with the others that..."

"Don't." He cut me off before I could finish my sentence.

"Jayden please. We can stop him together." I pleaded. "He's too strong."

"He is. But he's not going to win against me." Was my mate's answer. Jayden was now in his human form. And when I looked closer, I could see countless cuts and bruises all over his body. His was also holding his side so that could mean that some of his ribs might be broken.

"I don't want to lose anyone again. So just trust in me, Maddison. And make sure that everyone keeps safe." And with that, I could feel him closing our link before I could answer.

Jayden's POV

Pain.

That's all I could feel throughout my body. Bu then again, after all the shit that I've been through in my life, you would have thought that I'd be used to it by now.

Being back in my human form, I could very well feel everything that's hurting and broken. I could also feel Ros and Mavri starting to heal me so I should give them enough time to do just that.

And with that bastard Marcus standing a few feet in front of me, I had to think of something to give them time.

"Jayden. I see that you've finally taken control. That lycan of yours sure was fierce. Fierce, but I would've thought that he'd put up a better fight." Marcus mused as he looked at me directly in my eyes which I bet only held utter hatred and anger for him.

"Well, I couldn't just let him have all the fun now can I??" I mused back just to annoy him.

"And besides..."I said before straightening myself up as I looked at him. "This fight is between you and me, Marcus."

"Honestly Jayden. You're really getting ahead of yourself. You've faced me how many times already and failed. Now, I've just beaten you lycan. Yet you still have the audacity to want to fight me again?? Just accept the fact that in the end, I will be the one who will rule. I will be the one who will better this forsaken world."

"Better the world?? You mean your plan on shaping the world into one full of death." I scoffed as I felt the pain in my body decreasing. I could also feel my broken ribs getting better so that's good. "Say what you want Marcus, but we both know that all of this in nothing more than your revenge."

"And what if it is??" He answered. "Bettering the world, getting my revenge. It will all end the same for you wolves and your allies. Death."

"Our deaths will never bring your mate and children back." I fired back as I felt my strength slowly coming back to me. "As a father and a mate, I know the amount of love that you give for your family. The care that you want to give them for they are the most important thing in your life. My kind has made the mistake of taking them away from you, yes. But condemning a whole species of a mistake of the few well, that I cannot allow you to do. And I am sure that your family wouldn't want all this as well."